Update day: 20-11-2023
Category: Marketing / PR
About the job
The VP, Planning and Strategy is responsible for developing a high-performing team and providing guidance on client and media planning strategy. The VP, Planning and Strategy will oversee the entire planning process for their dedicated client groups and collaborates with trafficking, media operations and media buying teams to achieve client goals. This role is critical in enforcing and providing input into the overall media planning direction as well as overseeing the quality standards of the team’s planning strategy and execution.
- Accountable for outputs and the development of media planning team for assigned group of client(s) to improve campaign process to improve and achieve client goals.
- Interpret research and provide insight and thought leadership that effectively translates brand marketing objectives into succinct media strategies.
- Coaches team to develop planning strategies that maximize media dollars and media efficiency.
- Drives employee retention by providing feedback to the Leadership and HR team to help retain top talent in Canada.
- Leads the strategic positioning, segmentation initiatives and in areas of holistic program planning and communications idea generation/execution.
- Grows the sophistication of the team’s media knowledge, expanding into data and technology.
- Identifies development areas in team members to help achieve and drive their performance goals for the year.
- Drives Media Brand and client adoption of dentsu capabilities.
- Supports the media buying teams throughout campaign activation process to maintain performance and resolves any campaign-related issues.
- Facilitates the implementation of quality control processes and systems across client groups.
- Briefs partner agencies on strategic implementation needs and roles of specific communication channels; uses specific examples that relate to your brands, retail environments, and competitive set with real or estimated metrics for success to help clients and other partner agencies understand how to communications strategy comes to life.
- Prepares reporting documentation for clients demonstrating the strategy and rationale executed to deliver on campaign goals.
- Participates and presents in new business efforts for the Canadian Network.
- Instils a high-performance, data-driven, continuous improvement culture within a shared service
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Media, Advertising, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of media planning experience focused on All Media Channels and a minimum of 3- years’ experience leading a team.
- Influential senior people leader with the ability to lead, coach and develop and retain top talent while addressing performance.
- Knowledge of bid management, campaign management and optimization process with key Data, Supply and DSP partners.
- Previous experience with support new business efforts at the Network or brand level.
- Subject matter expert in developing media planning strategies that meet and exceed client campaign goals and objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of Media Planning and Research Tools
- Ability to instill confidence and manage expectations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical skills and proficient with numbers and budgets to illustrate client business objectives.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and people skills.
- Advanced level MS Office skills: Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP), Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Canada.Recruitment@dentsuaegis.com or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
About the Company
Our mission is to Drive Business Performance.We use data to create personalized and connected experiences that deliver transformative business outcomes. Our role is to ensure our clients meet their quantifiable business goals every day, consistently, in every market. We are entirely focused on delivering better business results through optimization, creation and analysis across all digital platforms. Our scope ranges from recommending how to use content more effectively to optimizing daily media channel performance and maximizing visibility in eCommerce platforms.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $35,000–$40,000 a year⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Markham, Ontario
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Vaughan, Ontario
💸 $32.50 an hour⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $18.45 an hour⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $36.10 an hour⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Brampton, Ontario