Update day: 11-11-2023
Category: Arts / Design
Job type: Full-time, Internship, Apprenticeship
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
Position: Visual Interaction Designer Co-op
Duration: 4 Months
Date: January 3rd to April 29th, 2022
Currently a candidate for Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Interactive arts and technology, Industrial design, communication and design with an accredited school in Canada.
What is Nokia looking for from me:
- Experience designing web/desktop applications.
- A thorough understanding and a keen eye for graphical details.
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team with excellent collaborative
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles.
- Ability to story tell around the experiences you create.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Experience in InVision, Sketch, Photoshop and similar Adobe products.
- An exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail.
- Have a great understanding of CSS, HTML. An understanding of java script is a bonus.
- Motion visual skills experience with After Effects or other animation software is a bonus.
The ideal candidate should be a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self-starter and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it.
If you are a creative, curious and fun-seeking person interested in working in a team of highly talented people, this could be the right position for you!
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for a passionate UI Visual Interaction Co-op designer to create great user experiences.
As a Co-op in the role of Visual designer, you are crafting the visual style of the application user interface. You will work closely with product management, interaction designers and developers.
You will work with UI appearance and UX controls such as visual layout, icons, animation effects as well as UI flows and navigation as well as
- Craft the visual style of the application user interface.
- Work closely with product management, interaction designers and developers.
- Your tasks will be to work with UI appearance and UX controls such as visual layout, icons, animation effects as well as UI flows and navigation.
- Build interaction specifications that outline the flow of the UX in an application.
- Apply sound user-centered design principles to your design work.
Why we’re awesome:
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to real-work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Nokia is committed to building a skilled, diverse and inclusive workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and are an equal opportunity employer that attracts and hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
See you this Winter 2022!!!
“My experience at Nokia has been amazing, one of the best learning experiences I ever had in my life. As Co-op student, it was an honor to be treated as any other full-time employee at Nokia. I got the freedom to design & implement my ideas. Working at Nokia as a Co-op student was the best thing that ever happened, it was a life changing opportunity.” – Ummar Tantray, Former Nokia Co-op student, Fall 2020
Follow and engage with us on social media:
LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter @NokiaCareers
Chat with our Nokia insiders to ask questions and learn more about us!
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $27 an hour⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $44,751 a year⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $8,056 a month⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Hamilton, Ontario
💸 $18–$25 an hour⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Windsor, Ontario
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 From $16 an hour⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario