Update day: 11-11-2023
Industry: Motor Vehicle Manufacturing
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentJob Description
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising the production of various financial statements and ensures accuracy of all financial transactions. In addition, is responsible for directing a group or section of general accounts and may participate in complex general accounting projects.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Provide monthly and yearly comparative financial information to management for planning and to foster continuous improvements.
- Develop and maintain cost and profit estimates for new and existing product lines.
- Maintain and make recommendations for an adequate information system to measure financial and operational results of the plant.
- Work closely with management in directing and controlling resources.
- Maintain and make recommendations regarding a system of internal control.
- Ensure all positions reporting to the Accounting Supervisor are filled with the appropriate persons.
- Ensure the company’s accounting computing needs including EDI, are met on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure statutory financial obligations including audit, tax and other related documentation.
- Government filings are completed on a timely and efficient manner.
- Available for special corporate assignments as needed.
- Forecast revenue amounts and analyze cost of goods and services.
- Present financial information to managers and provide workers with instructions.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of five years previous experience
- Previous supervisory experience is considered an asset.
- Able to interpret table graphs with financial variables to track financial data.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of applicable software programs.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact with various department personnel.
- Engage in discussions with colleagues by reading visual aids such as the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants’ newsletters.
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $64–$70 an hour⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario
💸 $34 an hour⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $27–$35 an hour⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario