Update day: 09-11-2023
Category: Finance / Bank / Stock
Requisition ID: 186361
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to the Director, the Senior Manager is responsible for the maintenance and sound asset growth of a portfolio comprising financial institutions, with a focus on Banks and other non-bank financial institutions in North America and Western Europe. The Senior Manager adds value to the overall management of the Bank’s loan portfolios through the timely and accurate adjudication of credits within established underwriting guidelines and policies.
The Senior Manager will be dealing directly with senior management and banking counterparts in the Bank’s offices globally and will be exposed to significant and varied deal flow.
Given a diverse range of risks in the portfolio and regular interaction with variety of internal contacts, the Senior Manager benefits from an environment which fosters continuous learning and development and, from an opportunity to make a positive contribution to the Bank as a credit expert.
Is this role right for you? In this role you, will:
- Liaise and maintain a strong working relationship with marketing and execution personnel in banking units in Canada and globally.
- Review pertinent financial and industry information and perform in-depth risk assessment identifying material risk issues for incoming credit applications.
- Ensure all proposed credit exposures are in compliance with the established guidelines and limits and provide rationale for exceptions.
- Provide recommendations to senior executives, present and participate in discussions at senior management Credit Committees.
- Adjudicate on credit applications within approved lending authority.
- Conduct industry analysis and lending guideline policy reviews for submission to senior management, including preparation of board-level reports.
- Develop a high degree of industry knowledge and expertise and ensure the ongoing quality of the credit portfolio through the review of industry publications, the assessment of financial reporting packages, and ongoing discussions with banking officers.
- Review documentation governing particular credit facilities as required (i.e., trading documentation).
- Provide accurate data in a timely manner as requested by the various Bank offices/departments to satisfy regulatory and quarterly/monthly reporting requirements (e.g., Basel III, SOX, OSFI).
- Work on projects and special reviews as assigned by senior management.
- Assist with the training and development of staff.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We’d love to work with you if you have:
- While MBA, CMA, CFA or CA Designation preferred, equivalent industry/credit analysis experience will be considered. GARP or FRM designations also considered an asset.
- Risk assessment and portfolio management experience.
- Financial statement analysis and ability to conduct in-depth credit assessments of financial institutions, including forward-looking projections and stress testing.
- Knowledge of credit analysis frameworks, and experience in their application to complex financial institutions across multiple accounting, legal and regulatory jurisdictions globally.
- Knowledge of the financial sector and the main business activities of financial institutions, and ability to keep abreast of the quickly changing accounting, legal and regulatory landscape.
- Ability to keep up-to-date with new products and developments in financial services markets.
- Understanding of derivative products, sovereign (cross border) risks, deal structuring, due diligence & documentation, legal & accounting principles.
- Understanding of the Bank’s business activities within the sector.
- assessment business activities within the sector.
- Ability to make decisions and appropriate recommendations to senior management and effectively support such recommendations.
- Customer focused.
- Strong analytical, communication, problem solving, self-management, organization and technical skills.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity for a position in Global Risk Management at one of the leading Banks in the segment.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
This position is located Downtown Toronto
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 London, Ontario
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario