Update day: 04-11-2023
Category: Transport / Logistics / Warehouse
OIA Global Since its founding in 1988, OIA Global has grown into a $1 billion world-class logistics and packaging company that employs over 1,200 professionals in 28 countries. Our knowledge, solution design experience, and installed infrastructure give our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets.
The role involves organizing the movement of freight under the supervision of a Team Leader or Operations Manager along with the proactive task of expanding our business through current customers as well as some sales to the wider market. Working to a strong set of standard operating procedures, excellent customer service at all stages of the forwarding process is expected. The right candidate with the right skills and aptitudes will have exciting opportunities to enhance and develop their career within the global operations of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and plan the most appropriate route for shipment
- Obtain, check and prepare documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packaging specifications, and compliance with overseas countries’ regulations and fiscal regime
- Complete export process of shipment includes arranging for pick-up or inland transportation, booking, timely document preparation (bill of lading, invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration and/or CERS, if applicable), follow-up with tracking and tracing to final destination
- Booking & coordination of most cost effective and efficient means to export goods as per client requirements.
- Provide bookings details and follow up with customer updates, shipment pre-advice / pre-alerts (Trace shipments daily and update client/agent on the shipment status as per customer guidelines)
- Opening files in CW1 and ensure all documents are accurate and complete prior to the shipment departure date
- Ensure all E-Manifest filings are completed in a timely manner as per regulations. Transfer of arrival notices/manifest to customers and/or their nominated customs brokers, truckers on import shipments
- Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client SOP’s
- Liaise with third parties in accordance with customer requirements
- Arrange insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim
- Maintain visibility and control through all phases of the journey, including the production of management reports, statistical and unit cost analyst
- Complete customs formalities or sub-contracting services
- Ensure all jobs are processed based on expected and agreed handling process
Required Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high level of energy and a "can-do" positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- 3 plus years relevant work experience in the freight forwarding industry or logistics field
- Familiarity with CargoWise’s enterprise system a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or any other related field preferred
- CIFFA qualifications preferred
- DG certification preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OIA Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 11-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
💸 $39,520–$47,840 a year⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
💸 $23.60–$27.25 an hour⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 London, Ontario
💸 $75,000.00–$153,692.55 a year⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 11-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
💸 $20–$22 an hour⏰ 11-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario