Update day: 30-10-2023
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
A growing global company. Endless career and development opportunities.
When you join Ritchie Bros., you’ll be part of a diverse, global team that’s focused on delivering great customer experiences. Our culture is centered around people and guided by our core values of Integrity, Unity and Vision. Learn more about our culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion at Candidate Portal.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about making a difference, we invite you to join our growing team. Whether you’re out in the field or back at your office, you’ll be helping us achieve our vision of becoming the trusted global marketplace for insights, services and transaction solutions for commercial assets.
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst. The work location for this position is Burnaby, British Columbia and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
Reporting to the Controller, Canada & RBFS, the Senior Financial Analyst will be a key player in facilitating the financial reporting and compliance for multiple Canadian entities. Working closely with the Operational and Corporate Finance Teams, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting, including reviewing journal entries and working papers, and preparing reconciliations and financial analysis, while adhering to the company’s strict deadlines. The Senior Financial Analyst will identify strengths and opportunities for improvement within business processes and the Company’s control framework in order to minimize risk and increase the quality of financial information.
In addition to these core deliverables, the Senior Financial Analyst will lead key initiatives including defining and enhancing business processes by working with stakeholders (Finance Operations, FP&A, and Business Leaders) to provide their accounting expertise to ensure all aspects are conducive from an accounting, compliance as well as a business perspective. The Senior Financial Analyst will liaise and work closely with the Corporate team to lead unusual and complex technical matters, transactions, and business developments related to Canadian entities (loans, inventory impairment analysis, revenue contract analysis etc.) and will be responsible for performing an assessment of the related accounting implications and compliance with US GAAP.
In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders in a matrix environment.
As a key member of Canada Control team, the Senior Financial Analyst must have the ability to:
- Perform monthly analysis of financial information and obtain a thorough understanding of variances in account balances to provide meaningful commentary to senior management.
- Liaise with Operational Finance team and request financial information and explanations over monthly results.
- Be a coach to other team members for task transitions/ cross-training / proper SOX execution.
- Be an agent of change through a continuous improvement process.
- Resolve technical accounting issues ensuring accounting records are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage multiple deadlines, prioritize tasks accordingly, and meet the expectations of multiple stakeholders (i.e. corporate finance team, external auditors, internal auditors, executives, business leaders, etc.).
- Be flexible, and work collaboratively as a team, taking on new tasks as needed to achieve the goal of timely and accurate reporting.
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills providing clear and logical reasoning to support a structured argument.
- Be self-motivated.
The candidate must hold an undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent along with an accounting designation (CPA, CA), and ideally have more than 5 years of finance and accounting experience gained either in a CPA firm or in a large, international, complex, publicly traded organization.
In this role you’ll:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statement and variance analysis
- Review manual journal entries and prepare complex accounting entries
- Drive the regional Balance sheet analysis process, while reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations and providing feedback to enhance quality.
- Execute control procedures ensuring compliance with the global SOX program. Identify process improvements and lead enhancements in SOX program and business processes.
- Ensure the timeliness of the Control team’s deliverables as per the checklist.
- Perform technical accounting and research for new complex transactions affecting Canada region.
- Assist with external and internal audits as appropriate.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here’s what you bring:
- University degree in finance/accounting specialization
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years of minimum related experience
This job will require you to:
- Tactical, knowledgeable, and timely decision making.
- Knows when to solicit input from others, including his/her manager, to ensure all aspects are well covered prior to decision-making.
- Provides technical accounting analysis and recommendations on the structure of loan receivable contracts, and special projects within the region.
- Ability to deep dive into numbers to recognize the drivers behind the numbers (Balance sheet / P&L).
- Ability to build complex excel workbook in order to achieve enhancement in analysis / BS reconciliations.
- Working with various internal stakeholders (i.e. Corporate and finance, Corporate and FP&A teams) to better understand the variances in order to produce meaningful financial commentary.
- Responding to ad hoc accounting queries, driving the issues to resolution.
- Knowing when to escalate as required to get timely and complete issue resolution.
- Drives the implementation of new or amended processes and procedures.
- Gaining agreement/consensus amongst various team members and stakeholders.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we’ll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime // performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP / Pension plan and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award-winning LEED gold-certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award-winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
Ritchie Bros. has grown from a small-town auctioneer to a global asset management and disposition company. Through our family of companies, we help our customers buy and sell a wide range of used and unused equipment for construction, mining, transportation, agriculture, oil & gas, lifting & material handling, forestry & other industries.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls, please.
If you require any accommodation, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $27.50 an hour⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Richmond, British Columbia
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Kelowna, British Columbia
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Kelowna, British Columbia
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Abbotsford, British Columbia
💸 $43,200–$46,000 a year⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Surrey, British Columbia
💸 $60,427–$86,863 a year⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Burnaby, British Columbia
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Prince George, British Columbia
💸 CA$95,000 - CA$100,000⏰ 09-12-2023🌏 Langley, British Columbia
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Kamloops, British Columbia