Update day: 11-11-2023
Category: Finance / Bank / Stock
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We help the world’s largest financial institutions navigate the intricate regulatory environment to effectively manage and assess capital in support of their ongoing strategies. More than ever, financial institutions are investing in enhancing their capital management capabilities to make better business decisions, presenting us with the unique opportunity to rally together to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.
Play a role defining the evolution of financial crimes risk management while helping financial institutions combat global illicit financial crimes. Join our industry-defining team of professionals focused on anti-money laundering, fraud, cyber, and insider threats. We use unparalleled insights into financial crimes issues, gained through work with diversified financial institutions, to create and rebuild financial crime programs, implement critical enhancements, and respond to regulatory and market needs. Your role will be driven by our clients’ needs and by your ability to develop new offerings and unique insights about financial crimes risk management in the financial services industry.
You will work with colleagues, including career consultants, former industry professionals, veterans, regulators, governmental officials, intelligence analysts, and technology advisors. We’re committed to providing meaningful on-the-job coaching and training to further bolster your development.
Your key responsibilities
- Contributing to the delivery of high-quality work products on client engagements.
- Monitoring progress and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about risks and expected outcomes on client engagement.
- Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Balance multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Fostering an innovative and inclusive working environment.
- Understanding and being able to analyze key aspects of insider threats, internal fraud, anti-money laundering, fraud and cyber as well as other financial crimes regulations.
- Liaise with client counterparts in finance, business, compliance, Fincrime, fraud risk and IT functions.
- Experience in insider threat management, internal fraud, fraud risk assessment, anti-money laundering, best practices, provide recommendations on how to address risks and opportunities.
- Experience with Detecting, Analyzing, Policy Creation and Actioning Fraud, Social Engineering, Data Breach Incidents, Data Loss Prevention (Email & Web) events, Insider Threat incidents.
- Identify and extract data sources, often in support of compliance assessments and investigations.
- Documentation and report writing, operating under a standardized reporting framework.
- Perform data integrity and completeness exercises prior to executing analytics.
- Perform analysis of accounting, finance, transactional, and various other types of records to identify patterns or transactions that present red-flag characteristics utilizing SQL, Python, and R.
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure relevant data sets are identified and collected, design tailored data queries to support the project’s objectives, prepare and provide results of analyses in effective and user-friendly formats, and problem-solve together where unusual datasets create challenges.
- Demonstrate an understanding of risks associated with various engagements.
- Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Demonstrating leadership skills by providing on-the-job coaching and, at times, supervising the work of more junior colleagues.
Skills and attributes for success
The candidate should be adept at sharing technical knowledge across a variety of financial crimes risk, compliance, and technology-related topics, drawn from experience, industry study, and a natural curiosity to constantly expand and evolve their personal skillsets
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately 2-3 years of work experience in a financial crimes-related role
- A degree in engineering, political science, statistics, economics, finance, accounting, business, or a related discipline
- Previous consulting and/or financial services industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing and client presentations
- Analytical skills, including an ability to assess risk and control issues related to financial crimes. An understanding of financial products and services related to depository institutions, retail, wholesale banking, insurance, asset management, securities, financial technology, and private equity.
- Ability to create and deliver client service work that exceeds client expectations
- Ability to deliver work under pressure and meet deadlines on concurrent projects
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and ability to own and drive individual work streams within a project
- Be a team player and have a strong work ethic, integrity, and attention to detail
- Effective project management and teamwork skills
- Good research skills
- Proficient in using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other MS Office Tools with keenness to pick-up additional technical skills like JIRA etc.
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs
What we look for
If you’re a natural leader with a talent for answering and communicating complex client problems, we’re interested in you. You’ll need to be great at influencing people, ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses address their most pressing problems, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Kingston, Ontario
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario