Update day: 05-12-2023
Category: Administrative / Clerical / Assistant Architecture / Interior Design IT - Hardware / Networking IT - Software Information Technology Mechanical / Technical High Technology Electrical / Electronics Human Resources Security
Job type: Permanent
Salary: $74,877 - $110,338 a year
The Inspectorate’s Centre for Data Intelligence & Innovation is seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst to lead development of IT solutions to support the measurement and delivery of policing in Ontario.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will promote the application of I&IT to business problems, and undertake comprehensive business needs assessments and analysis of complex business requirements to identify and recommend appropriate I&IT technical business and/or infrastructure solutions and production support.
What can I expect to do in this role?In this role, you will:
- Lead and conduct business analysis both on an ongoing basis and for business projects to assess program areas business problems or opportunities.
- Determine and document user requirements for business processes
- Provide The Inspectorate of Policing’s program areas with advice regarding business processes, recommendations and options.
- Build and maintain relationship with variety of business users
- Determine business needs and priorities to resolve service management issues
- Develop strategies, prepares business cases and cost-benefit analysis, and conduct feasibility studies for business I&IT initiatives.
- Conduct and lead research to identify opportunities for improving I & IT systems use and management
- Provide input to annual and multi-year planning cycles
- Facilitate and manage stakeholder communication both on an ongoing basis and throughout project life cycles, to support informed client/cluster decision-making on solution options
- Participate on cross-organizational projects and committees to provide expertise and hands-on business analysis integration and risk assessment.
- Develop business requirements and technical specifications for request for proposals (RFPs) and participate in assessing bids and negotiating service level agreements (SLAs) with vendors.
How do I qualify?
Business Knowledge:You have:
- knowledge in service delivery management, portfolio, program/project management, and resource management
- knowledge of all aspects of business analysis, including enterprise-level and client program area business analysis and modelling expertise
- knowledge of enterprise business architectural concepts in order to ensure that recommended technologies are consistent with OPS standards
- knowledge of software development life cycle, software design, development and integration, database concepts, user interface design principles, change management, quality assurance, risk management, disaster recovery planning, and business continuity planning to develop solutions and/or infrastructure services to satisfy business needs
- knowledge of industry trends in integrated systems, solutions and infrastructure such as mainframe, web-based platforms, desktop technologies, networking and security
Communication and Consultation Skills:
- You possess oral and written communication techniques to provide advice, lead workshops and make presentations to multiple stakeholder groups , IT cluster and senior management
- You have consultation, negotiation and collaboration skills to lead dialogues, reach agreements and resolve issues
- You can assess program area’s business requirements, identify best technology solutions from among alternatives to ensure clients’ expectations are satisfied in the cost effective manner
- You can evaluate directions, trends, standards and policies in a complex and evolving environment using multiple sources of guidance
- You can identify, research, develop and assess information architecture and data management options, policies, standards and methods
- You have knowledge of common office software, and specialized software for process and data modeling and diagram development.
- You are able to interpret and apply I&IT Cluster and corporate policies, directives, guidelines and procedures related to service delivery processes, enterprise business architecture
- You have the ability to acquire and apply clients’ programs, business goals and objectives, to understand business needs, identify partnership opportunities and match technology solutions to business requirements and provide advice on application of I&IT
- You are able to interpret and apply government procurement methodology and practices to write business requirements, prepare input for RFPs (request for proposal) and participates in evaluating proposals.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti- racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit theOPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
- 1 Permanent, 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, Criminal Record Check
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, Criminal Record Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Effective October 1, 2021, the OPS COVID-19 Safe Workplace Directive requires all Ontario Public Service employees to provide proof they are fully vaccinated, meaning they are fully vaccinated as defined by the Ministry of Health (refer to: COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated Status in Ontario), including 14 calendar days have passed since receiving their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Employees who do not provide proof of full vaccination will be deemed ‘not vaccinated’ under the Directive and will be required to attend a vaccine education program and undergo regular rapid antigen testing. Employees who are not vaccinated under the policy with a valid medical exemption will not be required to attend a vaccine education program but must undergo regular rapid antigen testing.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Barrie, Ontario
💸 Up to $68,000 a year⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
💸 $25.93–$29.17 an hour⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Markham, Ontario
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $79,810.64–$97,111.56 a year⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Hamilton, Ontario
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario