Update day: 29-02-2024
Category: Health / Medical Care
Position: Entry level
Job type: Contract
One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for many consecutive years, William Osler Health System (Osler) provides a safe and supportive health care network to grow your career. Osler is nationally recognized for its commitment to patient safety and is Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest rating a Canadian hospital can receive. As a major Ontario hospital system, and home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country, Osler serves the 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke and surrounding communities. We are proud to offer you incredible exposure to best-in-class health care delivery and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game.
A hospital system built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training and promotional opportunities. Guided by our accomplished senior leadership team, together we are driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries.
At Osler, we invest in careers that go beyond where health care professionals like you can achieve their goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment. Join our team today!
Reporting to the Manager, Staffing Services, the Scheduler functions as a frontline member of the Scheduling Services team
- Allocates, calls and schedules staff in accordance to the unit operational requirements, standardized processes, policies and procedures
- Works in a time sensitive and deadline driven environment
- Works with multiple stakeholders to manage an effective schedule, through the use of a computerized schedule system
- College certificate/diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field required
- A minimum of three (3) years recent experience in a scheduling environment, preferably in health care
- Experience with computerized scheduling and timekeeping systems is required. Previous experience with Dimensions is preferred.
- Previous experience scheduling staff in a unionized environment is preferred
- Must possess a strong customer focus with exceptional telephone and email etiquette, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Effective team player that demonstrates a willingness to assist others and supports team decisions
- Must possess an understanding of scheduling best practices, HR policies and collective agreements
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills to be able to successfully manage tight deadlines and payroll cutoffs
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities within a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required
- Previous Human Resource and/or Payroll experience is an asset
- Experience with HRIS and/or Payroll systems is preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and learning new technologies, methods and approaches to simplify and streamline job related tasks
- Must demonstrate Osler’s Values of Respect, Excellence, Service, Compassion, Innovation and Collaboration
- Excellent problem solving and prioritization skills needed, as well as strong attention to detail
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
Currently Days/Evenings, 8 hours,including weekends and statutory holidays(subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
Minimum: $27.62 per hour
Maximum: $30.80 per hour
Internal application deadline: Tuesday, January 2, 2024
Applications are still open for external applicants
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 30-03-2024🌏 Windsor, Ontario
⏰ 31-03-2024🌏 Hamilton, Ontario
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Barrie, Ontario
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 26-03-2024🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 26-03-2024🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 London, Ontario
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Kingston, Ontario
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Burlington, Ontario