Update day: 14-02-2024
Job type: Full-time
Job contentYou are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The role of the Rehabilitation Consultant is to work in partnership with the Abilities Case Managers in the management of claims towards resolution. The focus of the Rehabilitation Consultant is to provide high quality rehabilitation services in collaboration with stakeholders including plan members, plan sponsors, internal partners and the plan member’s health care team. The services provided are designed to return plan members to a productive vocational lifestyle. Providing effective Rehabilitation services contributes to client satisfaction and retention of group disability business. The role is multidimensional and includes assistance in reducing claim durations through negotiated return to work planning as well as providing vocational rehabilitation assistance.
Contract of 12 months
What will you do?
- Perform functionally focused assessment interviews with plan members to determine the most suitable rehabilitation and vocational goal, in keeping with the individual’s coverage.
- Develop and facilitate Rehabilitation plans in keeping with the overall claims strategy developed by the Abilities Case Manager.
- Liaise with the plan member, the plan sponsor and various health care professionals in an effort to progress the recovery and facilitate a timely RTW.
- Research and utilize added-value external resources as necessary toward the resolution of files.
- Provide professional opinion and influence within the context of the claims management strategy through an active partnership with the Abilities Case Manager.
- Regularly document the claim file and communicate with the various team members in order to ensure a strong partnership toward a common goal.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to identify concerns, issues or trends, which may affect the case and Rehabilitation plans.
- Engage in proactive and respectful communication.
- Employ creativity to deliver day-to-day solutions that harmonize plan sponsor, plan member and business needs.
- Focus on abilities rather than disabilities and promote our work is healthy philosophy.
- Actively address and manage influencing factors that impact claim duration.
- Written and verbal communication skills (French/English)
- Post secondary degree with preference in Health Science, Human Sciences and Disability Management
- Training in a health or vocational rehabilitation profession
- Expertise in determining a plan member’s needs and delivering direct client service
- Effective self-directed work style, requiring minimal supervision
- Organizational and time management skills
- Computer literacy; knowledge of Word, Lotus Notes, Excel, Internet
- Group disability insurance experience is an asset
- CCRC (Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselor) / RRP (Registered Rehabilitation Professional) / CVP (Certified Vocational Professional) designation or working to achieve one, is an asset
- NIDMAR Certification - Certified Return to Work Coordinator (CRTWC) or Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP), is an asset
- Comprehensive training programs from the start of employment and ongoing coaching to set you up for success
- You choose where you want to work from, with no minimum or maximum days in either place. We want the office to be a magnet, not a mandate! #flexibility
- Collaborative environment where you are encouraged to share your ideas
- Our benefits program from your first day
- We offer a number of programs and offerings to help our Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
- Catchment area: Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa
- Valid drivers license and own vehicle
- Ability to work independently in a home office environment
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
Sun Life is committed to the health and safety of all those in our workplaces and our communities. In accordance with Sun Life’s Vaccination Policy (Canada):
- Employees permitted to work remotely are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend a Sun Life office, Financial Centre or offsite location where activity related to Sun Life business occurs.
- Employees whose job duties require them to attend a Sun Life office, Financial Centre or offsite location for Sun Life business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective May 1st.
- Employees whose regular workplace is a Financial Centre and SLFD field leaders must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or participate in Sun Life’s Rapid Screening Program to attend a Financial Centre or an offsite event.
48,600/48 600 - 79,400/79 400
Claims - Life & Disability
Posting End Date:
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Québec
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Dorval, Québec
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Saint-Jérôme, Québec
⏰ 08-03-2024🌏 Longueuil, Québec
⏰ 10-03-2024🌏 Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Brossard, Québec
⏰ 14-03-2024🌏 Boucherville, Québec
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Brossard, Québec
⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 Rouyn-Noranda, Québec
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Quebec City, Québec