Update day: 01-11-2023
Job type: Part-time
Job contentCompany Biography:
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Registration, you will be responsible for the registration of all patients in the hospital.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Typing skills, with a minimum of 35 wpm and 90% accuracy (Skill testing will be required)
- Experience in data entry (testing will be administered)
- Demonstrated computer experience in Word, Excel and Outlook (skill testing will be required)
- Current or recent clerical experience in a healthcare setting
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Strong work ethic and commitment is required
- Demonstrated high standards of work outputs
- Highly punctual
- Demonstrated professionalism and reliability
- completion of medical administration diploma program from community college
- Medical terminology certificate
- Current or recent registration clerk experience
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following SHNCareers on Twitter and on Instagram .
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
💸 $15.50 an hour⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $99,126–$116,004 a year⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 St. Catharines, Ontario
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Oakville, Ontario
⏰ 11-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $19.52 an hour⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario