Update day: 17-11-2023
Category: Health / Medical Care
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentRequisition ID: 334115 Competition #: NRS-23-180
Position Control #:119000071310-18
Posting End Date: April 4, 2023
Site: Southern Health-Santé Sud
Work Location: Boundary Trails Health Centre (ER-RN-20)
Department / Unit: ER/ACC/ICU/OU
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: April 9, 2023 - January 6, 2024
Reason for Term:Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days/Evenings/Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 & 11.63
Wage Rate:As per MNU Collective Agreement
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) (Home Care Services, Personal Care Home and/or Transitional Care) applies the nursing process to support clients/residents/patients in achieving and maintaining their optimum level of health within a people-centered approach in acute, transitional, personal care home (PCH), primary health care, public health- healthy living and/or home care. The RN/RPN works to full scope of practice engages in ongoing education and maintains competency congruent with Southern Health-Santé Sud policies, Professional Standards of Practice, College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba, College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba, Code of Ethics, and the Regulated Health Professions Act.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
- Current active registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba/College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses and the scope of practice as defined by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (Acute, Transitional, PCH, Primary Health Care, Public Health‐Healthy Living, Home Care Services)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Current Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS) certification
- Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC) certification
- Knowledge of Professional Standards of Practice, and Code of Ethics
- Demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative interdisciplinary environment that supports quality services, quality improvement and staff empowerment
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use an analytical and inquiring approach to problem‐solving while contributing to program improvement
- Demonstrated ability to lead and make decisions autonomously
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility to meet the demands of the position
- Able to effectively perform the tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, as appropriate
- All Health Care workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $20.09 an hour⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Winnipeg, Manitoba
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Brandon, Manitoba
💸 $20.09 an hour⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Winnipeg, Manitoba
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Portage la Prairie, Manitoba
💸 $20.09 an hour⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Winnipeg, Manitoba
💸 $38.55 an hour⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Winnipeg, Manitoba
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Brandon, Manitoba