Update day: 30-11-2023
Job type: Part-time
Career Group:Pharmacy Careers
Job Category:Retail - Pharmacy
Travel Requirements:0 - 10%
Location:4269 Yale & Hodgins FreshCo Pharmacy
Postal Code:V2P 2N9
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Allcareer opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Pharmacy Assistant is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. The Assistant is responsible to identify and schedule professional clinical services as well as focus on the achievement of pharmacy excellence in the areas of customer service, workflow efficiencies, and inventory management. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
- Prescription assembly – data entry
- Process customer transactions (receive and release prescriptions)
- Receive in-person and telephone refill requests and record deliveries
- Pill Pack Assembly
- Filing prescriptions, ordering and replenishing supplies, cleaning
- Drug order creation and receiving
- Schedule professional clinical services (i.e. medication reviews, health risk assessments, disease state managements etc.)
- BTC management
- Administrative Duties: cycle counts, narcotic counts, return to stocks, TML’s, manual third parties
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Assist with other pharmacy operations as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Pharmacy Assistant certificate from a recognized Canadian College
- Will consider applicants with 2 years retail Canadian Pharmacy Experience in lieu of certificate in some Provinces
- Experience with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group Computer systems
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $26 an hour⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Vernon, British Columbia
💸 $37.01–$53.20 an hour⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Surrey, British Columbia
💸 $58,016–$107,742 a year⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 North Vancouver, British Columbia
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Nanaimo, British Columbia
💸 From $42,000 a year⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Prince George, British Columbia
💸 $41 an hour⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Richmond, British Columbia
💸 $24.65 an hour⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Surrey, British Columbia
💸 $86,200.00–$122,100.01 a year⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Victoria, British Columbia
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Richmond, British Columbia
💸 $34.90 an hour⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Surrey, British Columbia