Update day: 18-11-2023
Category: Legal / Contracts
Job type: Full-time
What Are We Looking For?
We are seeking an experienced, highly attentive, and motivated Paralegal to join our Property team to facilitate full-cycle real estate transactions and work related to purchase, sale, refinance, and new home construction.
Core Duties and Responsibilities*
Our Property Paralegals are responsible for a range of duties, including:
- Conducting client intake, conflict searches, and opening new client files;
- Preparing documents for full-cycle real estate transactions, including for sales, purchases, and refinancing;
- Completing final reports;
- Maintaining up to date client files (both paper and electronic);
- Processing large volumes of documents and utilizing technology to store and organize files diligently;
- Reviewing and prioritizing incoming mail, coordinating faxes, and drafting routine correspondence for lawyer review;
- Booking client meetings and maintaining lawyer schedules and agendas;
- Providing overall day-to-day support for lawyers; and,
- Scanning documents for entry into Property Online.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work independently, with little direction, and contribute to the success of the practice;
- Proactive approach, thinking ahead to upcoming work and preparing appropriately and effectively;
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to accurately proofread and edit documents;
- Ability to build and maintain trusted client, agent, and broker relationships; and,
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, with the ability to learn new software quickly.
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing, full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our colleagues is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives including volunteer time programs, employee-driven initiatives, and monthly community giving to employee-selected charities. We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team’s ability to be successful and maintain a vibrant working environment. Through social activities, financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee-driven initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE.
Job Type: Full-time
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $27.08–$33.21 an hour⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
💸 $3,650–$4,069 a month⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia