Update day: 11-11-2023
Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAt Intact, we believe that insurance should be about people, not things. This belief is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we strive to provide a great customer experience and an inspiring workplace where our employees can excel.
We offer more than just a career. As a Paralegal, working here means being appreciated for who you are and growing, both professionally and personally. Alongside the largest in-house P&C litigation team in Quebec and Canada, you’ll get the tools, support, and opportunities to succeed and do your best.
About The Role
This is a permanent full-time position in Montreal (2020 Robert-Bourassa) or Quebec City (5700 Boul. des Galeries)
As aParalegal in the Legal Claims Department, your work will significantly impact the complete and efficient management of litigation files across all Intact business lines and related companies. You will work collaboratively with the litigators representing Intact and its insureds before trial, appellate and administrative courts.
Ce Que Vous Accomplirez Chez Nous
- Legal research
- Assisting litigators in the management of their litigation files
- Assisting with trial preparation
- Drafting procedures
- Managing documents;
- Managing internal legal information database;
- You share our values of respect, integrity, excellence, customer focus and generosity, as demonstrated by your work and support for our clients, claims partners and Claims Legal colleagues.
- You have excellent organizational skills, which will help you manage priorities and work under pressure.
- Your strong interpersonal skills and natural ability to work collaboratively and effectively with clients will make you a great team player and help create a positive work environment.
What you bring to the table:
- Diploma in Paralegal Technology
- Minimum three years’ experience in civil litigation
- Experience in document management related to complex litigation cases
- Knowledge of standard database software
- Mastery of main software tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent French language skills
- Functional proficiency in English an asset
- Knowledge of Common Law an asset
- Opportunity to focus on quality work
- Be part of a collaborative and inclusive community that values all people and perspectives
- Competitive pension plan with defined benefit and defined contribution options
- Comprehensive financial benefits plan that recognizes your success
- Industry-leading employee stock purchase plan with a matching contribution of 50% of net shares purchased
- Extensive flexible benefits program and access to virtual health care
- Annual wellness account to support an active lifestyle
- Community outreach program with company matching contributions, giving employees the flexibility to choose how and to whom they give, based on what matters to them Intact will amplify their efforts by matching their donations, volunteer hours or both!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Montreal, Québec
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Montreal, Québec
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Pointe-Claire, Québec
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Lévis, Québec
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Quebec City, Québec
💸 $24.21–$32.32 an hour⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Mirabel, Québec
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Quebec City, Québec
💸 $45,000–$65,000 a year⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Montreal, Québec
💸 $56,719–$131,496 a year⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Montreal, Québec