Update day: 24-11-2023
Category: Mechanical / Technical
Who We Are:
Birla Carbon is one of the largest manufacturer and supplier of high quality Carbon Black additives globally, and a flagship business of the US $48 billion Aditya Birla Group. Our current footprint extends across 12 countries in five continents with 16 manufacturing facilities and combined annual production capacity of over 2 million tons. Birla Carbon delivers uniform product quality and consistent experience worldwide.
What We Offer:
- 2nd Class: $43.32
- 3rd Class: $39.25
- Opportunity for growth, training and advancement
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Saving Plan Program
- Company branded uniforms and jackets with laundry services
- Safety boots and full PPE provided
- Employer sponsored Education Assistance, Annual Gym Membership and Employee Referral Program
- Shower house facilities on site
- Ensuring the continued safe and efficient operations of the boilers and power services equipment through regular operational activities, maintenance, inspections and provide vacation relief and/or employee absence relief for department personnel, as required.
- Ensure safe and proper operation/functioning of plant boilers, air compressors, turbines, steam condensers, air dryers, turbo generators, fan pumps, water filtration/supply/discharge systems and other related power and plant services equipment in compliance with internal procedures and the Operating Engineers Act.
- Monitor power services equipment instrumentation and adjust (using computerized and non-computerized control systems) various power services equipment control parameters (e.g. temperature, pressure, flow rates, water levels, additive concentrations) to ensure safe and efficient operation equipment.
- Complete all required log entries, records and reports accurately and on-time.
- Check, inspect, monitor and maintain the operational integrity of power plant services equipment
- Collaborate with other departments as required to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Test samples and document water quality parameters; Manages feedstock by monitoring, transferring (between tanks), heating, and unloading feedstock as required.
- Respond to emergency situations, providing timely and appropriate resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Operating Engineer.
- Post-Secondary Education and 3rd or 2nd class Operating Engineer Certification.
- Previous experience as an Operating Engineer in a large-scale manufacturing and/or continuous process environment is an asset.
- Experienced with DCS control systems an asset.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Commitment to safety and the environment.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights, lift up to 50lbs and work in dusty environments.
- Operation of basic mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic (computerized) controls safely and efficiently.
- Operate basic mechanical tools safely and efficiently
- Able to work continental rotating shift work (i.e. 2, 3, 2); including alternating weekends, nights (2-weeks days/2-weeks nights) and holidays. 12-hours shifts: 84-hours per 2-week period. Overtime as required
Birla Carbon is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Guelph, Ontario
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 07-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $50,000–$55,000 a year⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Hamilton, Ontario
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
💸 $20–$22 an hour⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario