Update day: 11-11-2023
Industry: Oil & Energy
Job type: Full-time
Job contentSherwood Park
We are a major energy infrastructure business that has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade. This growth has provided our employees with stability, positive challenges, new career paths and opportunities to work in a dynamic team environment. As one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers we are proud to say no matter where your role at Inter Pipeline may lie, you are provided ample opportunities for valued contribution and innovation, with a strong emphasis on employee growth.
Based out of the Sherwood Park office, the Mechanical Technician will report to the Senior Operations Technician. This important front-line role is responsible for the day-to-day mechanical and operations support of pipeline facilities. The Mechanical Technician will ensure the safe, reliable, compliant, cost-effective maintenance and reliability of the pipeline assets in the Edmonton District of the Corridor/Polaris/Cold Lake/Boreal Pipeline Systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Journeyperson Millwright/Industrial Mechanic trades certification
- Five + years related mechanical experience
- Pipeline Operations experience
- Computer proficiency and excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills are strong assets.
- Previous operational experience is beneficial
- Applicant must be willing to learn and perform operational duties
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Current H2S Alive, WHMIS and First Aid certifications are an asset
- Day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment including centrifugal pumps, gear pumps and IMO screw pumps (includes laser alignment), valves and actuators, meters and quality control equipment and pressure safety valve (PSV).
- Operational responsibilities include routine pigging operations, strainer maintenance, routine inspections of station sites and mainline block valve sites, and product quality control.
- Support the company Environment, Health and Safety program.
- Maintenance of identified critical spare equipment within inventory.
- Maintain appropriate documents and submit reports as required.
- Develop and update safe work practices, procedures, and job task analysis.
- Provide support to Engineering for pipeline projects.
- Supervise contractors and ensure safe practices and procedures are adhered to.
- Operate and maintain company vehicle as per IPL’s Safe Vehicle Operation and Maintenance Standard
- Support 24-hour on-call rotation including weekends.
- Full time, 4x10 Tuesday-Friday
- Participation in an on-call rotation
Posted Yesterday Full time R-42229
Inter Pipeline is a major petroleum transportation, storage and natural gas liquids processing business based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Inter Pipeline owns and operates energy infrastructure assets in western Canada and northern Europe.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
💸 $21–$23 an hour⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Airdrie, Alberta
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Fort McMurray, Alberta
💸 $18.13–$25.00 an hour⏰ 06-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
💸 $38–$58 an hour⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Grande Prairie, Alberta
⏰ 09-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta