Update day: 17-02-2024
Category: Architecture / Interior Design
Manager, Landscape Architect
At EXP, we’re driven to provide innovative solutions for the world’s built and natural environments. As a team of engineers, architects, designers, scientists, creators and a community of professionals, we bring diverse and talented people together to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Here, you join a team that leverages differences, harnesses their entrepreneurial spirit in an employee-owned company, that believes diversity is what gives us strength, seeks sustainable results and shares ambitions for each other, our clients and the communities we are part of and serve. To be a part of EXP means to have your own experience, while staying connected to a global network of professionals, who believe we are a part of something bigger. Together, we are EXP.
Are you ready to design your future?
Be our next Manager, Landscape Architect!
Your work environment at EXP
In this role, you will be a part of the Manager, Landscape Architectureteam, based in the Burnaby office.
What a day at EXP has in store for you
- Pursuit of new business opportunities in BC
- Utilize your existing networks to develop and generate new business.
- Act as the Technical Lead on Landscape Architecture projects
- Responsible for leading client projects and for discipline specific projects for internal clients
- Participate on a variety of project types including complex landscape architectural designs
- Serve as a technical design expert in the office, mentor and train staff
- Site analysis and design concept development including digital and hand-illustrated deliverables suitable to communicate design intent to clients and staff
- Project scoping, scheduling and concept design through construction phase project management to execute work
- Analysis, design reports and master plan preparations and narratives
- Interface directly with clients and able to provide clear, well-articulated and solution-based recommendations
- Participate in the preparation of fee proposals, qualification packages and terms of reference for potential projects
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships and play a key role in client management and satisfaction
- Interact with clients and represent our practice on projects, project pursuits, strategic initiatives, at promotional events and during business development in collaboration with the practice leader and EXP leadership
What your experience looks like
- BCSLA registration and AALA or equivalent registration is strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of professional design and experience managing projects of various types and complexities for public and private clients
- Ability to manage and lead a team through all phases of a project including regulatory approvals with transdisciplinary project management experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality design work and design presentations using hand graphics and relevant computer software (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Demonstrated experience and design excellence in several core areas of the practice including parks and plazas, streetscapes, recreation and open space master planning and design, trails, greenways and transportation, land development and urban design, naturalized and resilient landscapes, and cultural landscapes
- Demonstrated experience in field review and construction contract administration
- Strong communication, negotiation, interpersonal and time management skills
- Experience managing staff, consultants, project teams, client relationships and complex projects is considered an asset
The salary range for this role is between $115,000 to $140,000. The actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, thousands of creative professionals across EXP work together to deliver extraordinary experiences year after year.
What makes us different
The passion, enthusiasm, diversity and industry-leading capabilities of our employees make us who we are. We’re committed to providing a challenging work environment that cultivates career growth, encourages creativity and rewards excellence.
Find out more about life at EXP by visiting www.exp.com .
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 14-03-2024🌏 New Westminster, British Columbia
⏰ 15-03-2024🌏 New Westminster, British Columbia
⏰ 31-03-2024🌏 Kamloops, British Columbia
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Coquitlam, British Columbia