Update day: 14-02-2024
Job type: Full-time
The Department of Canadian Center for Advanced Leadership (CCAL) Programs in the Haskayne School of Businessis currently seeking a Full-time Limited Term Position Titlefor approximately 12 months.
Reporting to the Associate Director Canadian Center for Advanced Leadership in Business (CCAL), the Manager, CCAL Programs will lead on the implementation, continuous improvement and growth of all CCAL programs. This position is responsible for optimizing existing global and local programs / strategic initiatives and will identify the need for and develop new programs / strategic initiatives to meet CCAL’s expanding goals and ambitions. The position will also direct program development that incorporates applied research, including business plan, budget development and accountability, fund development possibilities, development of client relations, and administration of impact research programs. This position will bridge between the Faculty, the Centre and the business community enabling access to data for research and insight to organizations and evidence-led content for CCAL programs. The position will provide KPIs, performance metrics and related reporting and budget projections to the Associate Director.
The position will represent Haskayne in a professional, collegial, and entrepreneurial manner and will steward and manage business relations within the larger Calgary community and higher education environment. The position entails moderate to high levels of mental stress and pressure. The incumbent will manage a high volume and variety of work, with significant impacts. This role requires a proactive approach in a complex environment with a strong understanding of the university environment. The work is of a highly complex and political nature and requires considerable sensitivity towards numerous stakeholders. The ability to deal effectively with complex issues/problems and concerns is expected. Work is performed under minimal guidance. Peak periods are expected, and evening and weekend work will occasionally be required.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- The Manager, CCAL Programs is charged with the implementation of new programs, including involvement as needed in their development, implementation of existing programs and continuous enhancement of existing programs under the direction of the Associate Director. This position manages programs through the entire (high-level) cycle of programming including the following phases: needs assessment/diagnostic, delivery, evaluation and reporting. This process involves extensive stakeholder engagement, data collection and effective project management.
- Lead, implement and scale the suite of CCAL programs. This position will manage a wide-ranging, complex portfolio of mutually dependent and supporting current, expanded, and future programs, effectively setting the benchmark for a suite of programs that will be trialled locally and implemented nationally.
- Provide and share a deliberate project plan to successfully improve and implement CCAL programs. This will involve a thorough analysis of best practices and in-place programs both inside and outside CCAL and Haskayne, building relationship with subject matter experts and key decision-makers, and establishing and reporting on key performance indicators for each of the initiatives.
- Ensure successful implementation and growth of the suite of CCAL programs through managing all phases and stages of implementation, including program administration, stakeholder engagement, program processes and implementation of processes, project planning and budgeting, performance measures and KPI reporting under the strategic direction of the Associate Director
- Recommend and implement improvements including supporting project plans with options to be provided to the Associate Director
- Responsible for each program’s detailed and deliberate needs and options analysis involving identification of current deficiencies, risks, and opportunities
- Engage and manage a resource pool of industry leaders who can participate in CCAL programs
- Develop and implement communication strategies for engaging industry in CCAL programs
- Management of routine, sensitive, and complex human resource issues and requirements
- Empower team to grow and execute deliverables as part of their own requirements
- Conduct appropriate professional development and performance management reviews
- Manage the implementation of CCAL’s applied research projects related to CCAL programs in concert with the CCAL research associates, Research Chair and CCAL Academic Fellows
- Support and mentor cross-functional teams to develop and deliver programs and projects
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Graduate degree is required.
- An MBA will be considered as an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience gained through private and public sector organizations that focused on applied research, program development and leadership. Experience in a leadership center is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience designing, implementing, or scaling a formal or hybrid mentoring program that involves private, public and educational stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or priorities simultaneously with strong organizational skills and experience working in a team environment
- Demonstrable expertise in building effective collaborative relationships with academic, industry, community, and government partners
- The ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience similar in breadth to our stakeholder groups that include students, faculty, staff, industry leaders, fellows and associates, founding partners, and others interested in engaging with the Center.
- Intermediate to Advanced Skills in Microsoft Office programs, including Power Point and other presentation software
- A record of leadership and operational capability combined with awareness of current and emerging leadership research, mentoring and leadership trends and best practices, educational technology
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in leading/mentoring and managing teams
- Direct experience with business planning, business development, and operations functions.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong analytical ability required. Must have strong interest in and the skills needed to understand intellectual content and how to leverage it to create value in the marketplace.
- Understanding of technology, scale-ups, social media, marketing, management, leadership, and legal challenges/responsibilities
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in stakeholder and community engagement and brand development and promotion
- Familiarity with the CCAL programs is an asset
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work effectively in a large, complex, dynamic and sophisticated organization.
- High problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated respect for confidentiality and strong sense of professional ethics.
Application Deadline: January 28, 2022
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is classified in theManagement Career Band, Level 1of the Management and Professional Staff Career Framework.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website.
COVIDSafe Campus Strategy
The University has implemented a new Vaccination Directive that requires all faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 1, 2022. You will be required to upload proof of vaccination prior to commencing your duties. Please review the COVIDSafe Campus website for further information and access to additional resources.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university - a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The University of Calgary has launched an institution-wide Indigenous Strategy in line with the foundational goals of Eyes High, committing to creating a rich, vibrant, and culturally competent campus that welcomes and supports Indigenous Peoples, encourages Indigenous community partnerships, is inclusive of Indigenous perspectives in all that we do.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their professional success while they are here. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Lethbridge, Alberta
⏰ 31-03-2024🌏 Nisku, Alberta
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Red Deer, Alberta
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Fort McMurray, Alberta
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Leduc, Alberta
⏰ 31-03-2024🌏 Nisku, Alberta
⏰ 30-03-2024🌏 Banff, Alberta
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Strathmore, Alberta
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Taber, Alberta