Update day: 11-11-2023
Category: Health / Medical Care
Position: Entry level
Job type: Contract
Job contentBayshore was recently awarded the primary provider staffing contract in Nunavut for healthcare workers - meaning that all available travel assignments for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) / Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) across Nunavut’s three regions are given to Bayshore to fill first! By applying to this role, you will be considered for all Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) / Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) opportunities in Nunavut.
- Fully paid travel assignments
- Highly competitive pay packages
- Comprehensive orientation
- Diverse assignments
- Flexible schedules
- 4-6 week placements
- Benefits package
- Annual bonus incentives
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching.
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Practical Nurse.
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been completed.
- Receive and transcribe physician’s orders.
- Understand and implement infection prevention practices.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Recent experience 1 year (1,500 regular working) in remote/isolated communities, OR 2 years, (3,000 regular working hours) in Primary Care (ER,ICU,Urgent Health Center OR Long Term/Community Care) as a qualified RPN/LPN.
- A Licensed Practical Nursing (or Registered Practical Nursing Diploma from a recognized institution for practical nursing education;
- Current registration and licensing as an LPN/RPN in Nunavut (or willingness to apply).
- Current Immunization Certification (or willingness to complete within 1 month of hire)
Have or be willing to obtain the following: WHMIS, N95 mask fitted
Preferred but not mandatory: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Critical Incident Stress Debriefing, Cross Cultural trainingm Back Injury Prevention Program.
About Bayshore Northern Nursing
Bayshore HealthCare’s Northern Nursing program has provided high-quality community health relief staffing services to Indigenous and northern communities since 1997. Nursing in remote areas and northern regions is a demanding commitment – one with unlimited potential for professional and personal growth. You’ll work closely with diverse Indigenous communities (First Nations, Inuit and Métis), providing care to everyone from newborns to elders. We hire nurses for remote northern communities of British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nunavut.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $25.10 an hour⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Surrey, British Columbia
⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
💸 $70,943.60–$88,688.60 a year⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
💸 $51,000–$65,000 a year⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Kelowna, British Columbia
💸 $19.50–$22.50 an hour⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Kamloops, British Columbia
⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $15 an hour⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Montreal, Québec
💸 $60,000–$65,000 a year⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario