Update day: 09-11-2023
Category: Education / Training
Reporting to the University Librarian or delegate, the Librarian, Data Services will collaborate with colleagues in the Library and across campus in support of the interdisciplinary research and teaching mission of RRU within a collegial, dynamic, and team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will strongly commit to student-centred service delivery, delivering course and program-integrated information literacy instruction for faculty, students and scholars, and will assist in information resource development and reference service development. As an assigned area of focus and responsibility, the successful candidate will support a range of data services, including data literacy, data reference, research data management support, instruction and services to students and faculty across campus.
As an academic appointee, appropriate participation and involvement in scholarship, teaching and service are expected.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the development and promotion of data services through in-depth consultations, workshops, and instruction for individuals and groups
- Support the Data Liberation Initiative (DLI) and, as the DLI representative for RRU, advise users, download files, and provide appropriate support.
- Support the ongoing, responsive development and implementation of a Research Data Management strategy.
- Advise on data management and retention, including support for research grant applications and funded projects.
- Engage in collection development of data collections, including government and licensed data.
- Liaise with data communities by engaging with these communities at the local, regional, and national levels.
- Proactively share data developments with RRU’s community of students and researchers.
- Develop and maintain online learning objects and guides.
- Provide customized reference and research support services, including in-depth reference assistance in multiple formats (i.e. chat, email, phone, desk/in-person, and online/Zoom).
- Engage in outreach activities, events, and campus-wide strategic initiatives related to data services.
- Build relationships with faculty members in the School of Business and support business data literacy and collection development.
- Support the Library’s strategic goals through active membership in working groups and project teams.
- Participate in developing recommendations for improvements in library-wide policies, procedures, and services as required.
- Engage in professional development, scholarly activity, and service under the terms of the Collective Agreement.
- Participate in and support system-wide and unit-level initiatives, including support for data resources, scholarly communications, open access, web archiving, research impact, and knowledge synthesis.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association accredited program in librarianship or recognized equivalent. A second master’s degree is preferred.
- 2 years of experience working as an academic librarian, preferably within a research university.
- Familiarity with qualitative or quantitative data, manipulation of datasets, research methodologies, and experience teaching data sources to researchers, faculty and students.
- Evidence of a strong service orientation and experience with instructional applications and technologies necessary to support the needs of students and faculty.
- Evidence of ability to plan and implement informational, digital, and data literacy programming and outreach services for users from various backgrounds and subject disciplines.
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with staff and faculty.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team member in a dynamic environment and on various simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust priorities, take initiative, set goals, manage time wisely, and make quick, effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with current issues and trends in library technology and information resources.
- Experience in conducting library instruction in an academic environment.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
💸 $19.29–$21.91 an hour⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Nanaimo, British Columbia
⏰ 06-01-2024🌏 Courtenay, British Columbia
💸 $35.10 an hour⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Abbotsford, British Columbia
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
💸 $37.01–$53.20 an hour⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Surrey, British Columbia
💸 $55,000–$70,000 a year⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Langley, British Columbia
💸 $85,000 a year⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Langley, British Columbia
💸 $53,000–$71,000 a year⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
💸 $33 an hour⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia