Update day: 07-11-2023
Category: Legal / Contracts
ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are an integral part of our firm’s core values. We are always striving to build a more equitable, engaging and rewarding workplace by attracting and retaining talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks, paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business services team members work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Our Calgary Employment, Labour and Equalities team provides a range of employment and immigration related services as well as guidance on Occupational Health & Safety and Workers’ Compensation matters. Our office represents a wide range of sectors including oil & gas, insurance, energy and agriculture. Additionally, our Calgary professionals advise on a number of employment matters arising out of transactions; including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and cross-border deals. We have a robust labour practice, acting exclusively for employers. We regularly appear before the Alberta Labour Relations Board, Alberta Human Rights Commission, all levels of Alberta court and frequently conduct grievance arbitration hearings.
We are looking for a legal administrative assistant with excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a genuine interest in employment law to join our team.
- Prepare legal documents, letters, memos and other documents as required according to general precedents and instructions from our legal professionals;
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professionals’ practices, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate;
- Work proactively in the day-to-day support of the professionals’ practices including management of diary systems and databases to ensure important deadlines are met;
- Use initiative and good judgement to relieve the professionals of administrative detail including but not limited to accounting, opening and closing of files, and billing;
- Coordinate flow of documents between legal professionals, various internal and external individuals, and clients at all levels;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interest in Employment, Labour, & Equalities, with demonstrated experience in this area of law being required;
- Experience in litigation is required;
- Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution is required;
- Ability to handle a heavy and varied workload;
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to set priorities while dealing with conflicting and emerging priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with other staff and professionals.
Gowling WLG employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? If you are excited about this opportunity but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Gowling WLG is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $20 an hour⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Rocky View County, Alberta
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Grande Prairie, Alberta
💸 $45.27 an hour⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Grande Prairie, Alberta
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Grande Prairie, Alberta
💸 From $95,000 a year⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 St. Albert, Alberta