Update day: 23-11-2023
Category: IT - Software
Job type: Full-time
Job content45481 - Markham - Regular - Ongoing
Safety Comes First is a core value at Hydro One, and we remain committed to taking every reasonable precaution to ensure a respectful, safe and healthy working environment. Further to this commitment, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. New employees will be required to declare their vaccination status to Hydro One. Employees who do not provide proof of vaccination status may not enter any 3rd party locations that require full vaccination (e.g. customer properties).
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.5 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- NOTE* Hydro One introduced a Hybrid Work Pilot Project in 2022 for most office-based roles. Employees work in-office/on-site two days a week and remotely from home for three days a week. Hydro One is adding refreshed workspaces and technology to support these changes. Join us as we ‘trial & learn’ a new modern way of working and be a key driver of future state!
Provide support to relevant Customer Service - Contact Center stakeholders by contributing business insights throughout business solution planning, development, and testing activities. Lead requirements gathering and testing activities in collaboration with the team to ensure all relevant stakeholder requirements are captured and acceptance criteria is satisfied before passing the code of the business solution. Support the Contact Center Technology team with activities such as code item creation and iteration and backlog management.
- Provide support to relevant Contact Center stakeholders by contributing business insights throughout business solution planning, development, and testing activities. Work with the Contact Center Technology (CTI) team and relevant stakeholders to define business solutions, ensuring alignment with business strategies, priorities, and target benefits.
- Develop initiative planning and business case analysis, creating estimates for time, cost, and value for assigned work.
- Lead requirements gathering and user story documentation in collaboration with the CTI team to ensure all business requirements are captured and work with relevant stakeholders to clarify and refine requirements as required. Discuss business requirements with the team to ensure a clear and complete understanding; and coordinate the translation of business requirements into functional designs. Assist with identifying, verifying and documenting technical requirements using the appropriate requirements management methodology and tools.
- Lead testing activities in collaboration with the team to ensure all testing activities are complete, user feedback is captured and incorporated, and acceptance criteria is satisfied before passing the code of the business solution.
- Support the CTI team with activities such as code item creation and iteration and backlog management including reviewing and prioritizing the team’s proposed technology initiatives. Maintain support documentation such as working backlogs as required.
- Interface between the team and relevant stakeholders to enable the required coordination and collaboration. Develop relationships with relevant stakeholders, actively managing expectations and monitoring satisfaction levels. Provide a uniform approach for capturing and actioning on user feedback.
- Conceptualize and document integrated business processes and relate them to the IT platforms used by relevant stakeholders to accomplish their work programs.
- Analyze and research relevant new and existing products and procedures.
- Identify and resolve gaps between business processes and supporting applications. Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure process compliance with established quality standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires knowledge of business in order to provide support to relevant stakeholders and contribute business insights through business solution planning, development, and testing activities.
- Requires knowledge of computer science, engineering or equivalent to support business solution activities including requirements gathering, code item creation and iteration and testing.
- Requires good knowledge of English to communicate effectively with others, and create and/or update documentations such as reports. This knowledge is normally considered to be acquired through 4 years of University Training.
- Requires experience in IT and Business domains with taking initiative, solving complex problems with a customer orientation, adapting to changing environments, and working in a team.
- Requires knowledge of business functions such as but not limited to Shared Services, Customer Operations and Workforce and Asset Management. Experience in the company to be familiar with the overall operation, functions of major organizational groups, policy and planning practices, relationship to the external environment would be an asset, but is not required.
- Requires experience with IT planning and management including business case development, project/portfolio management, demand management, and roadmap planning. Requires moderate to significant knowledge or exposure to application testing, deployment, and operations support.
- Requires experience with requirements gathering and basic knowledge of architecture and design.
- Experience in user experience design would be an asset. Requires effective written and verbal communication skills including facilitation.
- Requires experience in the Business domain with project management including business case tracking and basic knowledge of project tracking, reporting, estimation and planning. Required advanced proficiency in business needs analysis and strategy and business relationship management.
- Experience with business process management would be an considered an asset.
- Knowledge of agile planning (e.g., user story writing, backlog prioritization, sprint planning) and foundational capabilities (e.g., agile development and tools) would be an asset. A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2022.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: May 08, 2023
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here .
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 06-01-2024🌏 Windsor, Ontario
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Guelph, Ontario
⏰ 06-01-2024🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Kitchener, Ontario
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario