Update day: 11-11-2023
Industry: Retail Gasoline
Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAt Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Ultramar, Bluewave Energy, Pipeline, Chevron, Columbia Fuels, Island Petroleum, and Sparlings Propane.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Position Title:Inside Sales Representative - Residential
Team and Location:Commercial Fuels - Burlington, ON
Position Summary:Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this position will be focused on supporting Parkland’s residential business by proactively contacting existing customers and onboarding new customers. The Inside Sales Representative will work closely with the Residential outside sales teams, plus additional internal stakeholders as needed.
- Performs outbound sales calls to existing Parkland Residential customers to retain current accounts and generate referrals.
- Proactively contact associations and community groups to generate leads in target markets.
- Qualify and close unsolicited inbound sales inquiries within a pre-determined annual volume range; refer larger accounts to appropriate Outside Sales representatives.
- Periodically performs targeted prospecting activities as determined by Residential Team.
- Enters sales leads and updates opportunities in CRM tool.
- A motivated self -starter, with good organizational skills
- Industry experience in Propane, HVAC or Home Heat is an asset
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers and co-workers
- Strong computer skills
- Previous sales experience an asset
- One year college diploma in an applicable area of study.
- Ability to cold call and generate sales opportunities
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program - earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- A focus on healthy living through wellness initiatives and an annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol, and/or Fitness for Duty testing.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Windsor, Ontario
⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 London, Ontario
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Barrie, Ontario
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Oakville, Ontario
⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario