Update day: 11-11-2023
Category: Human Resources
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentRiverdale is looking for an experienced HR Coordinator to join our team.
The HR Coordinator will support the HR and Operations teams by managing a varied workload, with a focus on WSIB claim management, overseeing JHSC meetings, as well as completing various HR tasks and projects.
- Help develop and oversee the organization’s health and safety program, including:
- Managing the WSIB claim process, including reporting, claims-management, coordination with external medical professionals, and overseeing the return-to-work process
- Overseeing the Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings and issue-resolution
- Overseeing monthly Temporary Foreign Worker housing inspections
- Conduct an OHSA compliance audit and help to close any compliance gaps
- Respond to all work-related injuries/incidents and actively manage all cases and WSIB claims.
- Support the organization’s Covid-19 response and workplace transmission prevention activities
- Conduct research into OHS requirements and best practices, such as: PPE requirements and operational safety tools/technology
- Facilitate training for new hires on Riverdale Health and Safety policies and programs
- Update and revise current health and safety policies to ensure alignment with OHSA and industry best practices
- Develop and update Physical Demands Analysis (PDAs) for all company roles
- Oversee various OHS programs
- Coordinate regular site inspections
- Other duties as required
- A minimum of 2 years experience with the following:
- Managing WSIB claims and return to work initiatives
- Developing, implementing and evaluating health and safety policies, programs and training sessions in the workplace
- Excellent working knowledge of OHSA, ESA and other applicable legislations
- Experience working in transportation, farming, agriculture or manufacturing industries is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in HR/Health and Safety
- Proven track record of excelling in fast-paced environments with the ability to prioritize tasks and handle tight deadlines with a professional and mature demeanor
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to cope with complexity and change
- Valid driver’s licence with reliable means of transportation for yard and site visits as needed within South Western Ontario
The Scorecard includes the Key Knowledge Skills required for the role, the Measurable Accountabilities (how your performance will be assessed) and the Behavioral Competencies that will help you be successful in the role.
More about Riverdale:
We exist to “FEED THE COUNTRY” – a purpose we have been proud of for 65+ years.
We deliver a critical service to major poultry processors, and we live by our core values:
Get it Done Right We get the job done. The right way. Probably the hard way.
Learn to Improve We have always focused on perfecting our craft. Each day is an opportunity to learn and push the yardstick.
Accountability to All We are accountable to all stakeholders – our team, customers, growers, animals, industry partners, and our communities.
Kick Ass and Have Fun! We do whatever it takes to win, but never compromise safety, animal welfare, integrity, or our values.
Upon request, Riverdale Poultry will provide accommodation to a job applicant with a disability during its recruitment process. If you require accommodation during this process please contact Human Resources at Tel:
Thank you for your interest with Riverdale Poultry. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Barrie, Ontario
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 06-01-2024🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
💸 $65,000–$75,000 a year⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Markham, Ontario
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Markham, Ontario
💸 $47.39–$59.86 an hour⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 London, Ontario