Update day: 05-12-2023
Job type: Full-time
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct safety evaluations of project sites using documentation and standardized processes.
- Ensure that sub-contractors adhere to required safety standards as per policy and procedures.
- Assess and manage WSIB cases through modified work programs and report related injuries.
- Assess risks and trends in the workplace and implement corrective measures to reduce risks.
- Conduct behaviour-based safety programs and related statistical data to identify industry trends.
- Provide in-house health and safety training with employees which includes employee orientation and various employee specific training.
- Identify, investigate, report, 45,000and provide guidance relative to root causes for incidents, employee safety programs and regulatory compliance pertaining to health and safety.
- Advise on a wide range of specialist areas (regulations, fall protection, occupational health, hazardous substances, client on-line training programs).
- Enter data from various sources to maintain and update databases and spreadsheets.
- Ensure data integrity by verifying inputs and calculations with an eye to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment or to work independently with strong self-management.
- Ability to secure DOS security clearance (criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check).
- Perform additional related duties in accordance with job responsibilities and department objectives.
- Post Secondary education and / or certification in Health & Safety.
- Experience in construction.
- Experience in a COR certified environment.
- Knowledge of CVOR practices, inspection, and regulations.
- 2 to 5 years of administrative/office/field experience.
- Proficient understanding/knowledge and use of Word/Excel and Business-related operations software is a must.
- Construction knowledge/background an asset.
- MOL/OHSA/WSIB exposure.
- Ability to travel locally for work; a valid G driver’s license and own reliable vehicle required.
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- DCS / DEC (required)
- Construction: 2 years (required)
- Administrative/office/field: 2 years (required)
- English (required)
- Driver Licence (required)
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Oshawa, Ontario
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Vaughan, Ontario
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Guelph, Ontario
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 London, Ontario
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Barrie, Ontario
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Windsor, Ontario
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Markham, Ontario