Update day: 10-02-2024
Category: Mechanical / Technical
Purpose of Position:
Comprises those employees who have graduated from a full-time program at a recognized trade school who perform the duties of an Automotive Mechanic in a learning capacity under the direction of a Ground Equipment Mechanic.
- The apprentice is responsible for performing the repair and maintenance of all non-plane/aviation ground and hangar equipment.
- This may include the tugs, lifts, stairs, scissor lifts, and basically all other equipment other than aircrafts that would need to be maintained or repaired.
- The equipment follows a preventative maintenance schedule which vary depending on the equipment.
- A checklist is completed and performed to monitor the function of all aspects of the equipment, document such and report any defects prior to repairing these items.
- Equipment including all types of vehicles and engine driven equipment, such as deice trucks, ground power units, air conditioning carts, tow tractors, forklifts and belt loaders.
- Mechanical repairs to other equipment such as tow bars, work stands man lifts, hydraulic power units and jacks, skycheck carts, AC and DC electric mobile power carts; - Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of defects.
- Complete and update ground support equipment checklist that is completed both via paper and computer to document what maintenance has been completed.
- Travel to other sites to assist in the completion of repairs and maintenance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulation while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and have the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license without restrictions.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in automotive mechanic from a recognized institution is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (ie.Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a RAIC (restricted area identification card)
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
We strive to hire candidates with diverse abilities. We want to ensure that you are prepared for success and therefore request that you please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Jazz recognizes that the best talent includes people of all backgrounds, abilities and points of view. To be a leader in our industry, Jazz celebrates diversity and values the uniqueness that each individual has to offer. We empower our people to foster an internal culture of inclusion, creating safe workspaces where everyone can be their authentic self. Meeting the needs of our diverse passengers is critical to our success and we recognize the importance of a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 14-04-2024🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Vaughan, Ontario
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Windsor, Ontario
⏰ 26-03-2024🌏 Kingston, Ontario
⏰ 14-03-2024🌏 Windsor, Ontario
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Kitchener, Ontario
⏰ 14-03-2024🌏 Sudbury, Ontario
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 London, Ontario
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Kitchener, Ontario
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Burlington, Ontario