Update day: 11-11-2023
Category: Accounting / Auditing
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 cooperatively empowers credit unions and other financial institutions to deliver banking choice to Canadians. With assets of $13.2 billion (as at June 30, 2021), Central 1 provides critical services at scale to enable a thriving credit union system. We do this by collaborating with our clients, developing strategies, products and services to support the financial well-being of their more than 5 million diverse customers in communities across Canada. For more information, visitwww.central1.com
Because of COVID19, all Central1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
This is a temporary role with an expected end date of September 30th, 2022.
As an engaged member of the Accounting & Financial (“A&F”) Systems group, the Financial Systems & Controls Lead conducts key accounting activities including processing and reconciling financial data, project accounting, and administering Finance’s technology systems. Additionally, your team will design, develop, and maintain an internal control environment that will ensure data integrity.
Central 1 will expect the A&F group to provide the organization with a single source of truth for financial data and confidence in the finance function’s control environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hold joint responsibility for overseeing and supervising the successful execution of A&F’s operations
- Work in a dynamic environment with a focus on being agile to meet the growing and changing needs of stakeholders across the organization
- Help managers develop talent across the A&F group through a coaching leadership style that identifies strengths within the team and encourages employees to develop and improve their performance
- Create an environment that empowers team members and enables them to realize their full potential and value
- Build strong relations within Finance and with external stakeholders when required
What you’ll have:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business or related discipline
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 4+ years’ as a collaborative contributor on a finance team
- Experience with Workday Financials and Human Capital Management (“HCM”) preferred
- In-depth working knowledge of core financial systems and understanding of process automation capabilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to act as a business partner to internal and external stakeholders
- Display an agile mindset to accommodate a dynamic environment
- Experience with systems administration including ownership, maintenance, configuration and operation of different finance systems (ERP, budgeting tools, analytics tools, expenses, etc.)
- Experience implementing, upgrading, and updating finance systems
- Experience with Project Management methodologies and successfully executing projects from ideation to implementation
- Detailed knowledge of finance specific internal controls and best practice (both within and outside core financial systems)
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Project Lead for 2021
Date Posted: September 10, 2021
Internal Applicant must apply by: September 17, 2021; External Applicant due date: October 8, 2021
Location: Open to all locations
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 London, Ontario
💸 $26 an hour⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Markham, Ontario
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $85,000–$95,000 a year⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario