Update day: 11-11-2023
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth, with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our staff is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives, including volunteer time programs, staff-driven initiatives, and community giving to staff-selected charities each month. We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team’s ability to be successful and maintain a healthy working environment. Through financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee-led initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE.
Why This Role?
We are seeking a highly motivated, attentive, and adaptable individual to join our Creditor Practice Team. Our ideal candidate values strong attention to detail and is looking for a rewarding career contributing to the success of one of the firm’s largest practice areas.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As a File Opening Clerk, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Opening files;
- Working on files from NS, NB, PEI, NL;
- Drafting and preparing demand letters and related documents for lawyer review;
- Sending out demand letters for various financial institutions;
- Closely managing numerous deadlines related to demands;
- Daily updating and monitoring of various on-line systems (highways) including financial institutions, both provincial and inter-provincial; and,
- Contacting and interacting with financial institutions regularly.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Superior communications skills and the ability to deal directly with clients and debtors;
- Proven ability to manage time and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven work environment;
- Aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving;
- Adept at using technology such as Outlook and the full Microsoft Office suite, and a talent for learning new computer programs quickly;
- Previous experience in debt recovery, real estate transactions, or foreclosures considered an asset; and,
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal diploma considered an asset.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
💸 $3,650–$4,069 a month⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
💸 $27.08–$33.21 an hour⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia