Update day: 01-11-2023
Category: Social Work / Community Services
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $2,500 a month
Maple Root Academy elementary school is a forward-thinking, co-educational, Muslim elementary school for students in Grades JK to Grade 6, located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Maple Root Academy prepares students for admission to secondary education while striving to learn Arabic, French, and the Quran.
Maple Root Academy, with its pioneering curriculum and approach, aims to create and empower generations of students who are confident of their Muslim identity in North America and are able to pursue and excel in any field of study with a strong grounding in Islamic Knowledge, as well as their academics.
Our curriculum fulfills all the above goals without sacrificing the Ministry education that is Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts.
Elementary School Teachers for grade 2 to help students develop and improve their literacy skills (e.g. reading and writing), as well as their knowledge of basic subjects using lesson plans, debates, and demonstrations. To evaluate children’s learning progress.
- Planning and organizing class subjects, always adhering to the approved curriculum.
- Creating teaching lessons that are inclusive and understandable to the entire class while adhering to the pre-established school program:
- Identifying and adapting to each student’s individual needs;
- consulting with parents regarding cognitive or behavioural issues students may present, as well as providing recommendations and advice in these cases; and
- providing additional assistance and guidance to students by developing remedial programs.
- Ensuring the students’ personal and social development:
- Offering concrete tools and discussing strategies to improve leadership, stress management, self-confidence, and decision-making skills, as well as communication and interpersonal skills;
- reporting any abusive situation to the school principal, whether the student is experiencing physical, sexual, emotional, and/or verbal abuse (e.g. bullying and maltreatment).
- Using modern and approved teaching methods that ensure maximum learning in the best possible environment:
- Instructing children on how to convey their ideas, and needs by establishing conversations, asking, and responding to their questions; and
- improving students’ behaviour by explaining and demonstrating good practices to them.
- Fostering physical, mental, and interpersonal growth by setting up special activities.
- Preparing and administering examination tools (e.g. tests, quizzes, and oral presentations) as well as assigning homework:
- Completing all grading, creating progress reports, and conducting parent conferences to further discuss examination results, as well as learning and behavioural difficulties;
- keeping accurate, complete records of students’ individual progress (e.g. cumulative files and attendance accounting) to ensure they are making adequate progress and that established goals are being met.
- Being actively involved in all aspects of the school program and displaying a willingness to contribute to a positive school culture by volunteering in extracurricular activities.
- Ensuring the school meets all operating criteria, including health and safety standards.
- Preparing and implementing class programs in adherence to the established curriculum.
- Reviewing and adapting the teaching curriculum, as needed.
- Administering proper evaluation methods and assigning homework.
- Tracking and reporting students’ progress and development.
- Providing feedback to parents regarding the development of students.
- Conferring with other Teachers and School Principal regarding the best teaching methods.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $2,500.00 per month
- 8 hour shift
All staff must abide by the COVID-19 safety measures in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-09-05
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Markham, Ontario
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Hamilton, Ontario
💸 $122,661–$147,197 a year⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Barrie, Ontario
💸 $21 an hour⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 London, Ontario
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Markham, Ontario
💸 $19–$21 an hour⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Oshawa, Ontario
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Oakville, Ontario
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Kitchener, Ontario
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Oshawa, Ontario