Update day: 01-12-2023
Category: Real Estate
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Do you want to watch your community change, or do you want to be the one to shape it?
Because we’re hoping you’re here for the latter.
Who are we?
We are Aryze.
We are a local Victoria-based group of millennials trying to build homes. We like to think of ourselves as entrepreneurs with an underlying goal of building better communities; this includes building a swim float with a floating tree in Victoria’s Gorge waterway, restoring historical heritage projects, and engaging in Victoria’s political conversations. Naturally this expanded to include tackling the mystifying real estate industry, where we see an opportunity to build infill homes in the urban areas just outside Victoria’s downtown which are in line with our creative and social values.
While we are bringing a number of unique infill development projects to market, Aryze’s roots are in quality, unique construction. Our focus to build homes with high standards of craft, quality, design, and efficiency has distinguished our homes from others on the block.
Who are you?
You have a passion for taking on challenging projects that are unique, sometimes a bit weird, and delivered in an entrepreneurial environment where excellence is expected. You are the ultimate planner and coordinator and are an excellent communicator. You have a serious passion for shaping the community that you live in through its built environment. You have a lot of integrity and honesty, and understand that we are a business that thrives on executing the most innovative and challenging plans and bringing them to market. Most of all, you want to do it in a place where you’re more than an employee number; a place you love working.
Still here? Good. Because if this resonates with you, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.
Aryze is growing and looking for an experienced Development Manager. In this role, you will work in conjunction with the Director of Development to conceive, manage, value engineer, and offer creative direction to new urban infill development projects. This includes oversight on the entire development process with an emphasis on assessing project feasibility, securing municipal approvals and working with our construction team to deliver high quality housing projects. All functions and responsibilities are performed in accordance with Aryze’s values and beliefs.
The ideal candidate has 5 years of experience and post-secondary education in fields related to Architecture, Urban Planning or Design, Engineering, Interior Design, Marketing and Business, has successfully launched a diverse range of development projects, and has a strong knowledge of urban real estate pre-sales, sales, construction, and marketing programs. You should also have experience with municipal approvals, community engagement, and a knack for design and numbers. We know this is a big list, so we will consider applicants with less experience but who have the drive and energy to help make our projects a success. Please include links to relevant projects you have been involved in.
- Collaborate with Aryze principals to research, design, brand, market and develop concepts for urban infill developments, development management consulting engagements and new initiatives
- Undertake and lead detailed feasibility studies to determine project viability and set up a project for success
- Manage a varied consulting team, including designers that are encouraged to explore unique design solutions
- Manage detailed drawing reviews and coordination to ensure the project vision is maintained with recognition of applicable policies and building codes
- In coordination with internal communications and engagement specialists, collaborate on project-specific engagement and community outreach strategies
- Work closely with in-house construction project managers to ensure constructability and other construction costs are factored into the building design as the project evolves
- Collaborate on socializing individual projects with community, media, mayor, and council, when applicable
- Build strong relationships with clients to advance projects and ensure expectations are being met
- Act as a spokesperson for each unique infill project
- Manage relationships with municipal, public and private development partners
- In coordination with the development team, develop and maintain a detailed project budget, schedule and manage execution of work; create and manage work orders, invoices, legal and insurance documents
- Oversee the permit submissions and related activities to support project success
- During construction, maintain strong coordination of the consultant team and Municipal contacts as it relates to development matters
- Prior to occupancy, work with the in-house marketing and customer care teams to contribute to an exceptional customer experience
- Participate in post-construction analysis of each development project after all costs are recorded
Aryze supports career development and growth and will cover the cost of job-specific training, up to $1500 per year for approved programs. Additional funding will be provided on a case by case basis.
Competitive, negotiable based on experience; relocation bonus to be considered and evaluated based on the candidate’s present location; benefits and bonus program offered after probation period.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Victoria, British Columbia
💸 $27.50 an hour⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Surrey, British Columbia
💸 From $50,000 a year⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Victoria, British Columbia
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Victoria, British Columbia
⏰ 14-01-2024🌏 Langley, British Columbia
💸 From $40,000 a year⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Surrey, British Columbia
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
💸 $63,150–$110,238 a year⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Burnaby, British Columbia
💸 $73,855–$84,134 a year⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Kamloops, British Columbia
💸 $30 an hour⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia