Update day: 19-11-2023
Category: Consulting / Customer Service
We are more than just planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories, and life-defining adventures. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences.
The Calgary Airport Authority manages and operates YYC Calgary International Airport and YBW Springbank Airport and collaborates with the many partners who make up YYC - from airlines to government agencies and retail outlets. This is an exciting time to join our #YYCCrew and drive YYC forward as one of Canada"s best airports!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As one of four Development Coordinators, you will be responsible for the oversight of tenant development projects that occur at the Calgary International Airport and Springbank Airport. This includes all tenant improvements that occur on leased land as well as all improvements within the Air Terminal Complex. In a typical year, you will be responsible for 80 – 100 projects with a total construction value that could range between $25 and $50 million.
The activities range from involvement at the initial feasibility and design stages as well as negotiating with and obtaining approvals from outside agencies to the monitoring and coordinating construction and, ultimately, obtaining final acceptance of the project and the acquisition of final project documentation.
You will also have the opportunity to work with external partners such as the City of Calgary, Transport Canada and NAV Canada, whom are an important part of our process, as well as collaborative partners in operating and managing our airports.
- Coordinating and managing tenant construction projects from start to finish both in terminal and groundside, with a focus on groundside and civil projects
- Conducting project analysis including the review & acceptance of plans, specifications and other construction information
- Conducting initial site analysis for new development, identifying opportunities and constraints to development, determining infrastructure requirements and identifying any associated impacts on infrastructure capacity
- Project monitoring, reporting & administration which requires providing guidance to tenants and their consultants in the preparation of concepts, designs, working drawings, specifications, and project schedules
- Acting as liaison with tenant designers, engineers, architects and construction crews to ensure compliance with codes and standards, ensuring that all Airport Authority interests are addressed
- Coordinating reviews by other airport business units (e.g infrastructure, commercial services , land development, operations, environment, safety, security, etc.)
- Organizing and running startup meetings, weekly construction site meetings, impromptu site briefings to resolve conflicts, and ultimately arrange final inspections and represent several different departments “on site”
- Project coordination with Project Managers (PM) and other internal business owners to assist in determining capital project scope & costing, and schedule development
- Providing technical input to our Infrastructure, Land Development and Commercial Services Teams, in order to address base building requirements, site servicing and/or deficiencies related to tenant spaces/land prior to the commencement of tenant terminal fit-out or land construction.
- Coordinating contractors to ensure timelines are met and tenant is accommodated, as required
- Liaising with external parties such as City of Calgary Planners, Engineers, Building Permit staff as well as other City officials (e.g. Inspectors) and with other agencies such as Nav Canada and Transport Canada (TC), as required
- Preparing and distributing technical documents, including Land Development Standards, Tenant Design Standards and Guidelines, Construction-Installation Permit documentation, and miscellaneous tenant policies (i.e. temporary buildings, outside storage)
- Reviewing City of Calgary and Rocky View County referrals for compliance with various aviation regulations and guidelines including the Airport Vicinity Protection Area (AVPA), Airport Zoning Regulations, and Electronic Zoning Guidelines
- Maintaining a database of all development referrals received by YYC and the associated responses
- Consulting with other departments and prospective tenants at the very early stages of tenant development process regarding general feasibility of prospective projects and provides prospective tenants with an overview of the specialized regulatory and policy framework that exists within an airport environment
- Performing site inspections of tenant construction sites and assists the Land Development department with monitoring leaseholds after construction is completed
- Attend groundbreaking ceremonies and grand openings associated with new tenant development
WHAT YOU BRING
- Background in civil engineering, coordinating construction projects, conducting site investigations, assessing risks, and ensuring safe project completion.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, provide technical expertise, and oversee structure implementation.
- Strong project coordination, communication, and engineering skills are essential.
- Familiarity with building code and municipal planning procedures and approval processes
- Knowledge of engineering and environmental procedures and policies
- Knowledge of security regulations (i.e. fencing specifications, requirements for security for different types of projects, ongoing security requirements once tenant is operational, US and Canada Customs requirements, and pass control processes)
- Understanding of technical drawings for various disciplines (e.g. civil, electrical, mechanical, structural etc.)
- Understanding of landlord/tenant relations, requirements of each party and relative importance of lease provisions including servicing responsibilities, tenant requirements for upkeep of particular areas, and lease requirements (to ensure tenant complies during construction and with final design)
- Participation in major tenant land developments involving overlapping project coordination, managing tight deadlines and facilitating multi-stakeholder engagement
- Participation in major tenant retail programs involving overlapping project coordination, managing tight deadlines and facilitating multi-stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge of land development processes and requirements
- Understanding of planning procedures and City regulations
- General project management skills
- Knowledge of YYC processes and thorough understanding of responsibilities for different business groups
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft project
- Possess or able to obtain a class 5 driver’s license
We are ACCOUNTABLE.We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED.We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE.We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $48.50 an hour⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
💸 $15 an hour⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
💸 $16.20 an hour⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
💸 $26.35 an hour⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Red Deer, Alberta
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta
💸 $58,781–$61,006 a year⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
💸 $15–$16 an hour⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta