Update day: 30-10-2023
Position: Entry level
Job type: Contract
- We have partnered with a major automotive manufacturer (OEM) to support a substantial investment to develop their future line of vehicles.
- This project will be part of a multi-billion dollar investment to develop the electrification process of their select brands
- This is an excellent opportunity to get involved with not only a major OEM, but electric vehicle (EV) development. *
- This position is a hybrid-role based out of the company’s Research and Development Center in Windsor. The consultant will likely have to visit the facility a handful of times per month. *
- Description:* The
- Design Release Engineer* may work more specifically within various groups in the company: Responsibilities may include (but not limited to):
- Design, release, and validate the passive safety electrical system and its components, leading the process from inception through launch
- Work closely with supply base to ensure on-time implementation and validation of software, hardware, and diagnostics following company guidelines
- Interface with Electronic Component Groups, Suppliers, Purchasing, Quality and Assembly Plants to develop Electronic Stability Control, Electronic Braking Actuation Module, Wheel Speed Sensors and Clutch/Brake pedal sensor/switch components
- Manage product performance to meet vehicle and component level functional, cost and weight targets.
- Perform product release and change management processes
- Develop software and hardware release timing for feature rollout and performance goal milestones
- Support AQP, PSO, product launch and problem resolution during vehicle launch gates
- Manage supplier and internal DVPR’s, including: o Tracking of the validation activities and the related bug-fixes o Definition of countermeasures in case of issues and delays o Coordination of HW / SW releases of the component, ensuring the alignment with the validation activities o Approval of tests results and related deviations
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:* Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in the electrical vehicle industry or product engineering design, validation and engineering projects development with OEM and/or tier 1/2 supplier.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in transmission, driveline & axles or related area Preferred Requirments:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Electrification experience is desired but not required
- Strong GD&T skill set
- Experience in manufacturing of electronic brake components and vehicle assembly
- Strong SAE or Alt Practical experience
- Proficient in the creation and implementation of DFMEAs and/or DVP&Rs and design practices
- Knowledge of Electronic Stability Control systems
- Calibration and diagnostic experience using typical automotive controls system development environments
- Intermediate knowledge in automotive communication protocols ((CAN networks, Electrical/EMC requirements,
- Intermediate knowledge in automotive vehicle mechanical and electrical system architectures (e.g., distributed control systems)
- Skills:* design release, powertrain, Electrical Engineering
- Top Skills Details:* design release,powertrain,Electrical Engineering
- Why Actalent?*
- Actalent has supported this specific OEM for over 20 years nows
- Actalent supports over 4,500 businesses internationally
- We happily have over 27,000 consultants employed internationally
- We have over 150 offices internationally with over 20 delivery centers specific to indivudal markets across North America, EMEA, APAC and India.
- We have the industry expertise to know motivates you to succeed and what you value most from a career partnership. How? Because conducted countless interviews and gathered feedback from our current and former consultants to understand what you care about most all to foster a positive employee experience and to promote your best work.
- Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our talent solutions and services capabilities drive results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world.
Actalent relie la passion à la mission. Nos solutions de candidats talentueux et la performance de nos services produisent la valeur et les résultats, tout en apportant la compétence qui permet à nos clients de réaliser plus. Nos experts situés dans le monde entier inspirent au quotidien. Nous soutenons les initiatives essentielles en ingénierie et en sciences, par les expériences qui favorisent un développement continu. La différence, c’est nos gens. Actalent est une société d’exploitation d’Allegis Group, leader mondial des solutions de candidats talentueux.
L’entreprise souscrit au principe d’égalité d’accès à l’emploi et prendra en compte toutes les candidatures sans distinction de race, sexe, âge, couleur, religion, nationalité, statut de vétéran, handicap, orientation sexuelle, identité sexuelle, information génétique ou toute autre distinction protégée par la loi.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Windsor, Ontario
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Barrie, Ontario
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Brampton, Ontario
💸 $34 an hour⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 St. Catharines, Ontario
💸 $60,000–$90,000 a year⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario
⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $34.90 an hour⏰ 14-01-2024🌏 Brampton, Ontario
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Guelph, Ontario
💸 $20–$22 an hour⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario