Update day: 06-12-2023
Category: Transport / Logistics / Warehouse
The Counter Customer Service Representative (CCSR) provides our customers with a high customer service level which includes effectively handling customer inquiries and order processing.
Graybar Canada is looking for people with a desire to start a long-lasting career at one of the oldest and largest wholesale electrical distributors in Canada.
Graybar Canada – a division of Graybar Electric US – is a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, automation and telecommunications products that supports these operations through related supply chain management and logistics services. We are also a Fortune 500 company.
Graybar operates more than 250 distribution facilities throughout North America, with over 30 branches across Canada alone. As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies, Graybar Canada has the power and stability of a big corporation and the integrity and drive of a neighborhood business.
Graybar Canada currently has an exciting career opportunity available out of our Kentville, NS branch.
Counter Customer Service Representative (CCSR)
Graybar Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- No Evening or Weekend Shifts
- TELUS Health Virtual Care
- Cost shared Health and Dental Benefits
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- Group RRSP Matching
- Corporate Fitness Membership Program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Computer Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Service Awards Program
The Counter Customer Service Representative (CCSR) provides our customers with a high customer service level which includes effectively handling customer inquiries and order processing. The CCSR delivers the highest quality customer care following corporate objectives and revenue goals.
- Sell merchandise to customers over the counter, ensuring that every customer experience meets Graybar Canada’s quality standards.
- Provide technical support on product selection and application.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Place new merchandise on display.
- Track stock out items and recommend the new stock.
- Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Provide customer feedback to the Branch Manager in a timely fashion.
- Regularly assist in the warehouse to help receive, pick and ship out the product.
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders, pulling materials, packing boxes, placing orders in the delivery area.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves and workstations neat; complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Must be willing to carry emergency pager on a rotational basis.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities :
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- One to three years of related warehouse/customer service experience desired in a distribution setting is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of data and communications and electrical products is preferred.
- The candidate must have the ability to do light to moderate lifting (up to 60 lbs).
- Must exhibit excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and be flexible.
- Consistently able to meet deadlines.
- Possesses solid relationship-building skills to cultivate and develop customer loyalty.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Practice excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- Willingness to gain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
The above is a brief outline of position responsibilities and does not intend to be all-inclusive of the current or future duties, responsibilities or reporting relationships.
If you are highly motivated and have a passion for customer service, and are looking for a fun, rewarding career, we would be pleased to talk to you about joining Graybar Canada.
Graybar Canada is an equal opportunity employer that encourages interested candidates to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $36.81 an hour⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
💸 $45,000–$50,000 a year⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 New Glasgow, Nova Scotia