Update day: 05-12-2023
Industry: Capital Markets
Job type: Full-time
Job contentWe’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What you’ll be doing
Join our Corporate Banking team as a Summer Analyst in this 4 month role and become part of a team focused on delivering innovative banking and investment solutions to CIBC’s retail, wealth and business clients including corporates, governments and institutional clients around the world. Our goal remains to be the leading Capital Markets franchise in Canada and to work as one team to build our brand across North America and the world - proudly living our values as we work toward our vision to be the leader in client relationships.
Corporate Banking is organized into industry coverage and product groups and works in partnership with the Loan Syndications, Structuring and Portfolio Management group that is responsible for structuring new underwritten and arranged transactions, restructuring existing deals, selling syndicated loans, and advising our clients on market conditions and liquidity. Also forming part of Corporate Banking are the Trading Credit, Global Trade & Banking and Cash Management groups.
As a Summer Analyst, you will become integral to the “Deal Team”, which includes senior corporate bankers, by providing a broad range of support including financial statement and data analysis, financial modeling, credit analysis, industry research and assisting in the preparation of information memoranda and client pitch books. You will also be actively involved in the credit approval process, documentation and closing of loan transactions and on-going management of the loan portfolio.
Successful candidates will be provided the opportunity to gain experience working as part of the Calgary Energy Corporate Banking team.
- You are enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related at the time of the internship.
- Applications should include your resume (no more than 2 pages), cover letter (no more than 1 page) and an unofficial transcript all uploaded to the Resume/CV section of the application.
- Please indicate your expected graduation date on your resume
- Location: Calgary. As the growing situation with COVID 19 continues to evolve, further clarity on the work location will be provided at the time of your interview. Please note all employees must work within their current jurisdiction and must reside within Canada. Please note: all CIBC Co-op positions require you to be based in Canada for the duration of the term.
- Duration of Work Term: 4 months (May 2023 – August 2023)
- This job posting closes on July 3rd 2022 11:59PM EST.
- Data analysis – You will be responsible for conducting in-depth company, industry and portfolio analysis to support the credit relationships for a large and growing portfolio of clients
- Communication and relationship management - You will conduct sound, timely and well-communicated recommendations for credit facilities supported by thorough analysis and well-executed interpretation of relevant financial, industry, business and market information.
- Financial modelling – You will run financial models mainly focused on credit analysis and risk rating evaluation.
- You have demonstrated interest in Capital Markets – you are highly motivated, accomplished and a success-oriented individual who has a keen interest in pursuing a career in the financial services industry demonstrated through school courses, clubs and/or related work experience.
- You’re digitally savvy. You are proficient in MS-office suite of tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You are organized and work gracefully under pressure. You can juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to make timely decisions and take appropriate action.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Calgary-855 2 ST SW, 9th
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta
💸 $20 an hour⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
💸 $15 an hour⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
💸 $22 an hour⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta