Update day: 08-11-2023
Category: Marketing / PR
Job type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $21 an hour
- Up to$21.00 / hour + TIPS through 8/30/22**
- Hiring Immediately
- Meal Plan
- Full Benefits(effective 90 days after hire date)
- 24 Hour Free Parking
- Free Interview Parking Levels 2 & 3 ONLY up to 2 hours (with token when requested during interview. Level 1 is NOT included).
**Be rewarded for every hour you work this summer!SSP Canada is offering a new and exciting BONUS PROGRAM. Between now and the end of Summer 2022, you can earn an additional $2.50/hour for every hour you work!This is your chance to land a great career while also increasing your take-home pay for the entire summer. This is in addition to all the other amazing benefitsSSP Canada employees enjoy.
SSP Canada operates several restaurants throughout the Vancouver International Airport located in Richmond, BC. Our restaurants include: Freshii, Thai Hang, Urban Crave, Church’s Chicken, Lift Bar & Grill, Banh Shop, Sal Y Limon, Camden food co., Monk’s Grill, Rice Tales, True Burger.
Here are a few things you can expect as a Line Cook at SSP:
- Follow all recipes and practice portion control to prepare, garnish, and present ordered items
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the kitchen/station on a daily basis
- Requisitioning and stocking of all required food, paper products, and condiments
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly
- Responsible for set-up, regular maintenance, cleaning, and breakdown of any machinery and equipment
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storage of all perishables daily to ensure product quality
- Complete opening, on-going, and closing checklists as required
- Takes responsibility for quality of products served
- Perform general and specific cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards
- Other duties as assigned
We are only accepting applicants who currently reside in Canada, AND who have a valid work permit/PR card or citizenship.
- One year experience working in food service environment
- High school diploma, preferred
- Verbal and written communication is essential
- Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders
- Basic mathematical skills
- Food handlers permit, as required by law
- Brand Certification, as required
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long period of time.
- Covid Vaccination Requirements: A requirement of employment in the Canadian airports as federally regulated properties, is that all employees must be double vaccinated and wear masks when on the premises.
Benefits, Compensation and Care (effective 90 days after hire date)
At SSP Canada we believe if we take care of our employees, our employees will take care of our passengers. That’s why we offer competitive benefits, and our first source for filling management positions is our internal team.
- Health & Prescription Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Plan
- Paid Public Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- RSP (Retirement Savings Plan)
- Awards and Recognition
- Meal Plan
- 24 Hour Free Parking
- Uniform Shirts and Apparel Accessories are Provided (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program (including short-term counseling, simple will, financial & legal consultation, referrals for child/elder/pet care)
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
💸 $28 an hour⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Vernon, British Columbia
💸 $55 an hour⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Abbotsford, British Columbia
💸 $60,000–$70,000 a year⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Richmond, British Columbia
💸 $3,200–$5,000 a month⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Richmond, British Columbia
💸 $31.06 an hour⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Victoria, British Columbia
💸 $98,800–$116,235 a year⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Surrey, British Columbia
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
💸 $43.27 an hour⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 New Westminster, British Columbia
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia