Update day: 23-02-2024
Category: Architecture / Interior Design
Job type: Full-time
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
IBI Group is now proudly a part of Arcadis. Together, we are committed to improving the quality of life for our clients, people, partners and the communities we all serve.
IBI Group’s Toronto office is seeking an experienced Project Manager (Construction Administration Lead) to work on major transit/subway Finch Early Works preparatory project in Toronto.
Reporting to the Finch Early Works Manager, this individual will be responsible for leading a field construction team consisting of Construction Engineers, Field Inspectors and the contractor in the execution of the Yonge-North Subway Extension (YNSE) Finch Early Works- Finch Modifications project under Design-Built (DB) delivery models
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Provide oversight and reporting to any and all field activities pertaining to the construction site at Finch Early Works- Finch Modification
- Provide technical advice with respect to any propose changes to the project scope and/or design on Construction schedule to the Commercial/Schedule and Risk Team Accountable for work scheduling review and monitoring
- Oversee and direct the preparation and maintenance and Review Procedure Activities Register, RFI Log and other tracking systems
- Act as primary contact to resolve any issues for overall construction matters to CA
- Provide oversight to support Contracting Authority and any other stakeholders related to the construction of the project
- Advise and act as a representative of the Contracting Authority throughout the construction phase on any construction related matters
- Provide oversight to coordinate Construction services
- Interface with contractor as per communications protocol
- Help with preparation of Agenda for meetings, and chair the meetings on behalf of FEW manager as necessary
- Coordinate site visits as necessary and ensure adequate supervision
- Review submittal for general compliance and responsible for construction related submittal as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for compliance with specifications on behalf of client, complete CRR (Comment Review Report) to meet deadlines as per assigned SME reviewer
- Monitor submittal log to ensure submittal return to contractor takes place on time and flag late return otherwise
- Carryout site inspection as required, manage preparation of Daily Inspection Reports (DIR)
- Monitor Baseline Schedule and keep track of as-built schedule to flag slippage
- Monitor construction progress and track any deviation, prepare re-line drawings for project close-out
- Assist with scheduling construction oversight staff and ensure adequate coverage for the project
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent with electrical discipline background
- Must have at least 10 years of proven work experience as a Construction Administration Lead with experience overseeing a team of Construction Engineers, Field Inspectors and GC.
- Must have experience working on complex engineering projects in the construction phase
- P.Eng designation with the PEO (Professional Engineers of Ontario) is an asset
- Previous experience leading field teams on complex projects
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple deadlines and work under pressure is expected.
- Knowledge or previous experience with project scheduling software is an asset.
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications such as, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Pro or Bluebeam for document mark-ups and comments.
- Proficiency with FTP, Project Wise, SharePoint, and Unifier experience is an asset
- Strong communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal
- Must be able to work on project sites
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we are located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car.
Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects. You’ll have direct access to management while benefitting from our enthusiastic and helpful organizational resources team. As a global architecture, engineering and technology design firm, Arcadis IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world.
Arcadis IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Oakville, Ontario
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Ontario, Oakville
⏰ 10-03-2024🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario
⏰ 26-03-2024🌏 Kingston, Ontario
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Markham, Ontario