Update day: 15-11-2023
Job type: Internship / Co-op
Requisition ID: 172617
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Commercial Banking Agriculture Analyst Co-op Student (May- December 2023)
WORK TERM: 8 month Summer Co-op work term
Who Are We?
Scotiabank’s Commercial Banking professionals are committed to delivering advice. You will be a trusted business advisor offering a full suite of customized lending, deposit, cash management, and trade finance solutions to mid and large-sized businesses. Team players with a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results will thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment, and our one-of-a-kind people-first culture.
We’ve been providing financial services to Canadian farms and agri-businesses for more than 180 years and we’ve seen a lot of change along the way. From small family farms to large-scale producers and processors, we have responded to our customers’ changing needs. But one thing remains constant – our commitment to serve those that feed our nation.
Our Commercial Banking professionals are committed to delivering advice and a full suite of customized lending, deposit, cash management and trade finance solutions to mid and large-sized businesses. Team members with a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results will thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment. We are also committed to providing advancement opportunities for those individuals who have the ability, aspiration and engagement to contribute at higher levels.
- Deepen client relationships by understanding clients’ businesses, being a client champion, providing administrative support/service for client-facing interactions and providing actionable recommendations to support credit decisions
- Conduct company and industry analysis
- Conduct financial modelling (financial and credit analysis)
- Collect and assimilate information necessary to make sound credit decisions
- Make it easy to do business by minimizing touch points to provide fast turnaround times, including sound and timely credit underwriting support and financial analysis
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, in order to develop and maintain relationships with Commercial business customers
- Enrolled in an undergrad/post-secondary degree in Food and Agricultural Business, Economics, Marketing, or similar field
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financial statements and accounting principles
- Prior experience in providing customer needs-based advice and solutions
- Natural curiosity and passion for satisfying customer needs
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook effectively
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- All interested applicants must be enrolled in an accredited co-op program with a post-secondary educational institution. As part of Scotiabank’s co-op program requirements, we will confirm with your school that you are enrolled.
How do I apply?
For students applying to coop, we do not require resumes! Instead, we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Apply to the role through our career site! When the application asks for your resume, instead upload a screenshot of your past plum results.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : Alberta : Grande Prairie || Canada : Alberta : Lethbridge
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
💸 From $16 an hour⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Edmonton, Alberta
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Calgary, Alberta
💸 $67,260–$90,820 a year⏰ 14-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta