Update day: 16-02-2024
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1987 by Barry F. Lorenzetti, BFL CANADA is one of the largest employee-owned and operated Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage, and Employee Benefits consulting services firms in Canada. The firm has a team of over 1000 professionals located in 24 offices across the country. BFL CANADA is a founding Partner of Lockton Global LLP, a partnership of independent insurance brokers who provide risk management, insurance and benefits consulting services in over 140 countries around the world.
Here at BFL our employees have the freedom to demonstrate their own creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship because we strongly believe in them. We are a national collaborative team that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
BFL CANADA is looking for a Client Service Manager for its Kamloops Office!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Client Executive (CE) with all client management requirements, with a focus on retention of the assigned book of business.
If you’re looking for a dynamic work environment, keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS A CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER
- Proactively manages a book of business by reviewing clients’ exposures, gaps in coverage, and loss
- history and proposes appropriate coverages and/or solutions with CE.
- Develops account strategies, presentations and proposals with CE.
- Answers client questions and handles daily requests/coverage changes.
- Ensures maximum retention of book. Works with a Client Service Assistant (CSA) and Client Service Manager (CSM) to provide exceptional client service.
- Works with a CSA to ensure all certificates of insurance are issued accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reviews contracts to ensure insurance program meets requirements and works with insurers to amend coverages/ obtain agreement.
- Establishes appropriate procedures for claims administration/l loss prevention activity
- An advocate for our clients during the claims process.
- Manages the marketing process in close collaboration with the CE and Marketer.
- Prepares accurate and comprehensive underwriting submissions.
- Utilizes relationships to negotiate best terms for new and renewal business.
- Endorses policy wordings based on client requests.
- Works with insurers to provide coverage solutions to better meet our clients’ changing operations and as new products are being offered.
- Ensures the accuracy of renewal documentation and issues manuscript policies when required.
- Reviews policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervises and trains others on internal procedures and works to develop their general insurance
- Works in a team environment to ensure internal and external documents are accurate and expedited in a timely manner.
- Works within the team to ensure timely and accurate follow ups on outstanding client accounts receivables.
- Meets with BFL Compliance regularly to review accounts and procedures.
- Maintains policy files and/or electronic files to ensure that they are organized and up to date.
- Responds to telephone calls and written inquiries from clients and underwriters in a timely and professional manner.
- Participates in industry functions and targeted public relations activities.
- Maintains important market relationships.
- Follows BFL policies and procedures, including security and quality procedures, as currently set out and as amended from time to time.
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Minimum 2 years Commercial insurance experience or relevant insurance education.
- Level 2 license (insurance designation, CIP or CAIB preferred) or working towards the designation.
- Maintenance of licensing requirements/ continuing education.
- Extremely detailed.
- Must be completely client focused and service oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal, and written.
- Ability to work well independently, as part of a team, and with others throughout the organization.
- Positive attitude and a desire to grow.
- Willingness to go beyond the job description.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/
BFL CANADA is an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Offers of employment at BFL CANADA are conditional upon satisfactory results of background verifications.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Richmond, British Columbia
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Kamloops, British Columbia
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Burnaby, British Columbia
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Coquitlam, British Columbia
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Delta, British Columbia
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Pitt Meadows, British Columbia
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 North Vancouver, British Columbia
⏰ 15-03-2024🌏 Coquitlam, British Columbia
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Richmond, British Columbia
⏰ 14-03-2024🌏 Abbotsford, British Columbia