Update day: 20-11-2023
Posted: November 8, 2023
Application Deadline: November 22, 2023
Chief Power Engineer - Class 2 Facilities Management
Regular Full-Time (37.5 hours weekly)
St. Francis Xavier University is a top-ranking Canadian university located in Antigonish NS. We are currently seeking a Chief Power Engineer - Class 2. In accordance with the Power Engineers Regulations, Province of Nova Scotia, the Chief Power Engineer is responsible to lead the safe installation, inspection, operation and maintenance of the central heating plant and its associated distribution system.
The Chief Power Engineer is responsible for the assignment and direction of work in the Heating Plant, C.V. Keating Centre and the Alumni Aquatic Centre. This is a full-time position (37.5 hours/week), reporting to Supervisor, Energy and Utilities, and is a salaried position.
- Responsible for the assignment and direction of work in the Heating Plant, Keating Centre (Ice Plant) and the Alumni Aquatic Centre (Pool);
- Understand and ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations including the Technical Safety Act of NS and the Power Engineers Regulations;
- Supervision of staff in accordance with the Collective Agreement between UNIFOR Local 2107 and Board of Governors StFX University;
- Update existing and development of safe work practices and procedures is an important requirement of this position.
- Applicants will have a High School Graduation or equivalent, a Certified Power Engineer Class 2 or higher
- Five (5) years minimum supervisory experience
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled in problem solving, decision making and planning and have excellent knowledge of regulatory codes and requirements
- The applicant must also have experience in energy/load management, energy forecasting to maximize efficiency and identifying energy saving potential.
- Proven ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to communicate effectively utilizing interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships with other department staff, faculty, students, and public.
Applications will be receiveduntil 5 pm AST on November 22nd.To apply please submit a letter of application and a resume in confidence to Human Resources, StFX University firstname.lastname@example.org.Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Francis Xavier University is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People.
Our institution is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), racialized persons (especially African Nova Scotians), persons with disabilities, those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+ and any others who would contribute to the diversity of our community. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We are also committed to the elimination of barriers to participation for persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 902-867-5038.
About St. Francis Xavier University
Established in 1853, St. Francis Xavier University (StFX) is consistently recognized as one of the best universities in Canada. StFX exceeds the needs of today’s undergraduates through providing the very best academic experience - outstanding teaching, exceptional hands-on research opportunities, and global exchanges - all within Canada’s most vibrant and inspiring residential campus. Here, the focus is on the academic and the personal development of every student, making community and social engagement a large part of the learning experience. Our students are academically strong and highly engaged in every aspect of life, determined to make a positive impact on the world.
In 2022, Maclean’s annual university rankings put StFX #1 in student satisfaction and #2 in reputation across Canada in the primarily undergraduate category. For more, visit www.stfx.ca
About Antigonish, Nova Scotia
The beautiful and historic town of Antigonish is located within the northeastern corner of Nova Scotia. Only a 15-minute drive from the ocean and a two-hour drive to major urban centres, Antigonish is a family-friendly community with a diverse and growing population and provides access to excellent education at all levels. The town is surrounded by rolling countryside and beautiful beaches and is a hotspot for outdoor recreation, sports and other active lifestyle activities. Antigonish supports a vibrant culture in the arts with music, performing arts, visual arts and crafts, and fabulous festivals happening throughout the year.
For more information visit www.townofantigonish.ca or www.visitantigonish.ca.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Halifax, Nova Scotia
💸 $53,138.84–$56,754.33 a year⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Shelburne, Nova Scotia
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Antigonish, Nova Scotia
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Antigonish, Nova Scotia