Update day: 11-11-2023
Job type: Full-time
Do you want to be part of our innovative and entrepreneurial team?
Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working in a team atmosphere? Are you an “outside the box” thinker who strives to implement continuous improvements? Do you take a strategic approach to your work? Do you enjoy in a fast-paced culture where your opinions are valued and respected? Do you enjoy building partnerships to solve mutually beneficial challenges?
Mitacs is a national not-for-profit that helps industry and non-profit partners solve strategic challenges by leveraging Canada’s world-class post-secondary talent and a global network of industry, academic, and government partnerships. Through these collaborations, Mitacs helps business and community partners succeed, improves students’ on-the-job skills development, and strengthens Canada’s world-class innovation ecosystem. At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators with vital research and business skills. In partnership with domestic and international companies, governments and academia, we support a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people.
To get a better understanding of Mitacs and read more about our values please visit our website
Business Development Director –Denendeh Development Corporation
One Year Contract
Location: Yellowknife, NWT
Denendeh Development Corporation (DDC) and Mitacs have partnered to focus on entrepreneurship, innovation and _independent research in the NWT where the starting point is the perspective of northern residents.
DDC was created in 1982 by the Dene National Assembly as a not-for-profit Corporation with the goal of supporting economic, social and cultural development. DDC believes that human resource development is a main requirement for economic self-sufficiency and local and traditional knowledge is necessary to pursue northern research agendas.
At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators by helping them acquire scientific and business skills that are essential to their success. In collaboration with companies, governments and universities, we support the advent of a new economy by building on our country’s most important resource: its human capital.
The members of Mitacs’s Canada-wide business development team are the link between the academic community and the different internship environments. We seek opportunities and take the necessary steps. Our team is at the forefront to publicize collaborative research programs to current and future research partners, students, postdoctoral fellows, researchers and professors.
Under the supervision of the head of the Mitacs business development team and working closely with all of Mitacs’s departments, this position will be strategically positioned with Denendeh Development Corporation to support all Mitacs programs for the benefit of all residents in the Northwest Territories.
The successful candidate must have strong business development skills, business experience and demonstrate confidence and competence in dealing with key stakeholders in government, the private sector and academia and will:
- foster the development of multidisciplinary research collaborations with various partners.
- interact with companies ranging from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to Fortune 500,
- provide advise research plans or make recommendations on contributions to research projects to improve productivity, profitability, and business growth through Mitacs programs.
- interact with university researchers to understand their research interests, help them connect with companies seeking academic research expertise, and help them prepare requests for support from Mitacs.
- Find internship opportunities for students and faculty by bridging the gap between university researchers and the private sector on research projects
- Help during the application process
- Introduce companies to collaborations with academia for advanced research
- Create and maintain a network of partners in the private and public sectors
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, including academic researchers, representatives of technology transfer organizations, industry organizations and partner companies
- Work with Mitacs staff to organize science events, including client networking, science planning, logistics and funding
- Building new partnerships for Mitacs
- promote participation and sponsorship of programs or initiatives in NWT communities.
- Provide business development support to all Mitacs programs
- Graduate degree and research experience
- Proven business development experience
- Proven ability to develop links within the private sector, government and universities
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Show initiative, enthusiasm, and energy
- Ability to think creatively and innovate
At Mitacs we believe a diverse workforce comprised of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds which is crucial to our success. We encourage candidates to connect with us and share ways how we may accommodate your needs during the recruitment process.
Mitacs has a COVID-19 policy in place that requires all employees to be fully vaccinated to protect our team and our stakeholders, subject to any accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation. Information about getting vaccinated can be found here.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $3,000 a month⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Richmond, British Columbia
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Sydney, Nova Scotia
💸 $6,068.92–$8,724.25 a month⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Coquitlam, British Columbia
💸 $20 an hour⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Abbotsford, British Columbia
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta
💸 $86,212–$101,176 a year⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
💸 $16.75–$19.41 an hour⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Abbotsford, British Columbia
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Windsor, Ontario