Update day: 01-11-2023
Job type: Full-time
You’re passionate about numbersand finance!
You’re a self starter who is looking to be part of a great team!
You’re able to balance attention to detail and efficiency within a fast-paced environment.
If you’re nodding, this Billing and Finance Support Agentrole at Cowan Insurance Group may be perfect for you!
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Supervisor, Billing and Finance, the Billing and Finance Support Agent is responsible for all billing and finance tasks related to their assigned client portfolio. The incumbent is expected to gain a thorough understanding of the in-house billing system used to produce client billings and collaborate with other departments to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of billings.
More specifically, the Billing and Finance Support Agent will:
- Perform daily operations relating to accounts receivable, including preparing customer invoices, following up for timely collection, and maintaining aging of accounts at acceptable levels;
- Analyze customer accounts, identify, address and correct issues attributing to account delinquencies;
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of the processes related to their assigned client portfolio;
- Prepare various remittances due to insurance carriers
- Prepare deposit receipts and cheques for payments; and
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
What does it take?
- Proficiency with MS Office and very good knowledge of Excel, Windows Products and Windows
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual in French and English, is not required but considered a very strong asset
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Comfortable dealing with customers and company personnel at various levels
- Ability to manage multiple demands
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference checks
Who we are
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 9 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
What sets us apart?
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive.
Challenge your thinking
You’re valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast, but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and resume and share your unique story with us.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual’s technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $21.87 an hour⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 St. Catharines, Ontario
⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Oshawa, Ontario
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Richmond Hill, Ontario
💸 $50,000–$60,000 a year⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Vaughan, Ontario