Update day: 20-11-2023
Category: Consulting / Customer Service
The purpose of a Ramp Attendant is to work within the parameters of a safe working culture while taking direction and guidance from the Ramp Coordinator. The Ramp Attendant will be responsible for promoting a high level of customer service while working directly with both internal and external customers. The Ramp Attendant will be responsible for ensuring that they follow the company’s Standard Operating Procedures without deviation and promote a safe working culture within its group.
This is a rotational position. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off, 12-hour days, 7 days a week for the rotations. Your three weeks "on" will be based in Iqaluit, NU.
Level: As per the UNIFOR Collective Agreement.
Pay Rate: Starting at $20.50 per hour as per the UNIFOR Collective Agreement or commensurate with experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be able to perform, but not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with Company and MOT Standards and Regulations;
- Load/unload aircraft;
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally;
- Responsibly maintain clean and orderly work areas;
- Responsibly use and maintain Company equipment;
- Assist Customer Service, Cargo Attendants, and/or Cargo Agents when required;
- Assist passengers with mobility and special needs;
- Perform daily vehicle/equipment checklist
- Perform commissary duties;
- Provide services to the aircraft on the ground as required;
- Perform other duties and functions related to the foregoing;
- Process airway bills;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent related work experience i.e. warehouse, forklifts, customer service industry, etc.;
- 1 year of warehouse and/or customer service experience;
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, problem solving & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in a high pressure, high volume environment;
- Knowledge of cargo handling and processing procedures considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience of loading and load control on company aircraft considered an asset;
- Forklift driving experience an asset;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license;
- Must be willing to work various shifts (including evenings, holidays and weekends);
- Must be able to obtain and retain a D/A level Airport Pass;
- Required to pass and maintain qualification on all ramp equipment;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut is a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
- Rotational travel assistance and accommodation provided.
This position closes on November 30, 2023.
- 1 year(s): warehouse and/or customer service experience
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Montreal, Québec
💸 $40,000 a year⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Winnipeg, Manitoba
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Bedford, Nova Scotia
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Red Deer County, Alberta
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia
💸 $24 an hour⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Drummondville, Québec
💸 $74,066–$118,185 a year⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $7,401–$11,540 a month⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Vancouver, British Columbia