Update day: 05-12-2023
Job type: Full-time
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for an Associate Manager, Research
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London.
This role will help lead the evolution of the research team, lead research projects (including primary and secondary research) and mine research data / information to drive actionable insights that are meaningful to business partners. The successful candidate is expected to positively influence business outcomes that drive value for our customers and advisors, and share learnings and opportunities for new, existing, and potential future initiatives.
What you will do
- Assist in leading the evolution of the Canada Life research program (including Voice of Customer and Voice of Advisor) to meet Individual Customer (IC) and Advisory Network (AN) needs
- Help achieve desired outcomes across customers, advisors and employees, with the purpose to determine various opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Assist with the elevating of our organization’s perception and use of insights gathered, and actively leverage insights to help deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Lead research projects that generate the data required to determine and disseminate insights throughout IC and AN. Some projects will be conducted using Qualtrics software; others will be outsourced to vendors and/or conduct qualitative research online / over the phone. Research could include anything from feedback to foundational, product evaluation, concept testing, etc. It does not include UX testing.
- Leverage previous primary research and other data sources (e.g., Statcan, vendor subscriptions, etc.) that bring support to research hypotheses, increase efficiencies and broaden the story being told
- Provide insights reporting in PPT, including storytelling and accurately / easily communicating statistical significance calculated during the analysis phase
- Input into the research team’s strategy / roadmap to expand research and data-driven insights on a continual basis across all critical touch points
- Proactively share insights that may create or influence new / existing initiatives that drive business value
- Collect and codify research data points, and make sure it is leveraged throughout the IC and AN teams for use in its business decision-making process
- Gain understanding of the customer and advisor perspective, needs, pain points and satisfaction levels
- Identify, communicate, and leverage customer insights and trends from a variety of internal and external sources, work closely with partners across the organization to ensure proper alignment
- Strong team player that collaborates within the Research and Insights team and across various business channels to achieve strategic and consistent approaches
- Conduct driver, and other analyses, using appropriate regression and correlation methods
- Professionally write, conduct, analyze and report on quantitative and qualitative research projects, including surveys and discussion guides for interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Conduct in-person or phone interviews. Ability to facilitate focus groups considered an asset
- Intuitive sense and passion for determining “what customers and advisors need” and how to best uncover perceived and unmet needs or pain points to gain a competitive advantage
- Critical thinking skills, primarily in the research design and analytics phases, including being able to bring forth creative methodologies to build truly tailored solutions
- Proven ability to drive insights from research and data
- Solid analytical foundation and passion for data / insights, coupled with an ability effectively manage and adapt to complex change
- Understands customer behaviour; proven ability to identify solutions using data and by deriving insights
- Strong stakeholder engagement, including respectfully and confidently handling senior management conversations
- Compelling presentation skills to engage stakeholders before projects, as well as present results after projects have concluded
- Effective project management skills to create accountability among project teammates and deliver on time in an organized manner
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience; at least two years as part of a large research function such as a research consultancy
- Work experience in financial services, conducting modern / innovative research methods, developing and/or managing research programs, and using Qualtrics are all considered assets
- Experience managing research vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or analytical area of focus, paired with hands on business experience
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Comfort or proficiency with advanced statistical programs like SPSS and data visualization programs like PowerBI
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employeehas the opportunity toreach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Guelph, Ontario
💸 $16.55 an hour⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $48,000–$60,000 a year⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $17.00–$17.25 an hour⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Markham, Ontario
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $21.81 an hour⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $16.65 an hour⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 $19–$20 an hour⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario