Update day: 25-11-2023
Category: Transport / Logistics / Warehouse
Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.
As an integral member of the Research Operations and Industry Partnerships & Commercialization (IP&C) departments, you will provide administrative support for the Executive Directors of these departments as well as to their teams. As the Administrative Coordinator you will act as a resource for the departments and a communication link for information with the Research Operations Office and the IP&C Office. You will interact effectively and collaboratively with a wide variety of internal and external clients to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Research Operations includes departments and units within the RI who provide systems and services to support and foster research and ensure accountability. The IP&C office champions the development and commercialization of SickKids innovations. To achieve this goal, we foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship, we forge commercial partnerships, and we help to build start-up companies.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Support the two Executive Directors with the administration of their portfolios including calendar management, financial, payroll, HR, and other general administrative tasks
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of meeting materials including slides, documents, and spreadsheets. Create meeting minutes and action items for follow-up.
- Organize logistics related to in-person and virtual meetings, conferences, and events including venue, catering, technology, travel, and general organization
- Manage UofT library renewal requests
- Mentor and assist in training of other administrative staff
- Office management including procurement and maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Provide back up and backfill the Executive Assistant to the Chief of Research
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience, with proven experience working with Executive Offices, preferably within healthcare or public sector setting
- Business or administrative degree/post-diploma program or equivalent
- Proven organizational and time management skills, with ability to prioritize tasks effectively and respond to fluctuating demands promptly and professionally
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Solutions, as well as common office productivity tools (Adobe Acrobat, Reference Managers)
- Governance experience (e.g., supporting executive committees) is an asset
- High level of judgment and professionalism in interacting with a wide range of stakeholders
- Precise attention to detail, tact, and diplomacy
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Our Commitment to Diversity
The children and families we care for are from a variety of communities, and so are our employees. We welcome and encourage everyone to join our organization and be part of our team.
When requested, SickKids will provide access and inclusion supports to eligible candidates to support their full engagement during the interview and assessment process. Information received related to access or inclusion will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our patients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you have been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible and no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date, in addition to satisfying any other condition(s) that may be set out in an offer. If a candidate fails to satisfy this condition (or any other condition(s) set out in an offer), any offer of employment shall be immediately rescinded.
How to Apply
Tip:Combine your cover letter and resume into ONEdocument of 20 pages or less as you cannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email email@example.com to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inboxbut we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 11-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
💸 $39,520–$47,840 a year⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
💸 $23.60–$27.25 an hour⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 London, Ontario
💸 $75,000.00–$153,692.55 a year⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 11-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
💸 $20–$22 an hour⏰ 11-12-2023🌏 Toronto, Ontario